News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

refinery output

Started by grampybear, April 08, 2009, 02:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampybear

can the output of a refinery be changed? I have thousands of gallons of gasoline in storage but no plastic which is needed for auto plant and pmfactory. thank you ???

VS

And in which pakset? That's an essential piece of information... (I presume pak128 - right?)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

grampybear

yes..Pak128 with the latest version

VS

Eh, I have a bad day it seems... now that I think about this, of course I could have said it right away. Apologies :(

Here goes: Production in Simu is simple equation:

a*A + b*B + ...
->
k*K + l*L ...

where small letters mean amounts and big letters types of goods. This means:
a) One "production action" consumes a items of goods A, b of B etc.
b) And it creates k of K and so on.
c) Once any output buffer is filled, factory stops producing that kind of goods but eats the input all the same.

If a factory has one of its outputs filled and you take some of it away, the production rates are fixed, so again, it does not matter much. IIRC production stops only if all outputs are "jammed". More usual situation is when the next industry in line overflows with goods and this stops the producer, too.

So - whatever you do with gasoline, as long as you take plastics away, you won't get less or more because of the gas. Try increasing production rate with electricity and worker transport, plus of course more oil if you have some :)

If you already knew that all, sorry, I can't know - and considered it educational anyway ;) Who knows when someone stumbles upon this and it helps him.

As to your suggestion: I'll swap the two productions and you can test next nightly (should be on Friday night). I am not sure it is so easily solved though...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!