News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

remove public road bridge

Started by Frank, July 29, 2009, 08:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

remove public road as player is work

remove public road bridge as player is not work

error messages

'The bridge is not free!' or ' The owner refuses permission to remove this!'

player can not update a slow public road bridge

gauthier

just switch to public player using players window ("k" on your keyboard).
Normaly public player can't build bridges.

wernieman

but you can not switch, when "switching" is off ....
I hope you understand my English

Frank

Quote from: gauthier on July 30, 2009, 05:49:22 PM
just switch to public player using players window ("k" on your keyboard).
Normaly public player can't build bridges.

this is not correct

public road on both sides build bridge as normaly player is not possible

- first step: update public road or remove public road and build new road
- second step: build new bridge

gauthier

Quotethis is not correct

public road on both sides build bridge as normaly player is not possible

- first step: update public road or remove public road and build new road
- second step: build new bridge

I haven't seen public player building bridges yet, which version are you talking about ?

Dwachs

On new maps, there can be public road bridges.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Fabio

in my opinion, public road bridges should have the same flags as public roads: either both removable, either none.

AP

I just remembered another vaguely related thing with public bridges. When they build them over rivers, they always build them 2 tiles longer than needed That is, when the river is in a channel lower than the rest of the terrain, instead of crossing on-the-flat, the bridge is always a hump-back type bridge. Odd.

gerw

Quote from: AP on August 04, 2009, 07:02:39 PM
I just remembered another vaguely related thing with public bridges. When they build them over rivers, they always build them 2 tiles longer than needed That is, when the river is in a channel lower than the rest of the terrain, instead of crossing on-the-flat, the bridge is always a hump-back type bridge. Odd.
This should be fixed since several versions. See http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1912.0 and http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=2060.0

Dwachs

A very simple solution of the problem in this thread would be, that all intercityroads are created with no ownder. Cityroads have also no owner. Then the public player cant get that fast bankrupt.

Afaik, public player owns only townhalls, factories, and special buildings.

prissi

No owner for a road would mean that an AI can update it, which is not possible if the road is owner by someone. Therefore intentionally this is different for intercityroads. Furthermore bridges must have an owner or the code will crash in one or more places.

Dwachs

Quote from: prissi on September 05, 2009, 10:26:31 AM
No owner for a road would mean that an AI can update it, which is not possible if the road is owner by someone. Therefore intentionally this is different for intercityroads.
What is the reason that intercityroads are public owned? And this roads can be updated and deleted afterwards by any player. Only bridges and tunnels are an exception here.