News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

MacOSX 10.5 ST: 102.0 (r2366): Game crashes often when removing/adding stations

Started by dbg, August 23, 2009, 11:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbg

Hi guys,

I'm been playing Simutrans for a few weeks, but lately I've been getting a lot of 'Bus error' crashes. It only happens at certain stations/stops, and if I reload the game and try to add a station at the same location, the game crashes again.

It is thus repeatable, and I can send someone a save-file if they want to figure out what's going on. Is this a common problem? Is there a newer/different/older build I should be using? Currently my history.txt file says my build is 102.0 (r2366), and I'm running it on Leopard.

I should note that these crashes happen on both pak128 or pak64.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

gerw

You got errors when changing the schedule of a vehicle? That's not a common problem (and maybe caused by the Mac build). Maybe you can start simutrans with '-debug 3' and post the output after a crash?

dbg

Not when changing schedules. When placing station/bus stop squares - either adding onto an existing station or creating a new one. It crashes completely, and the only output is 'Bus error'. I will try debug -3 and put the output here.

dbg

Reading my original post, I guess I wasn't very clear. This crash only happens when I place stations at certain coordinates. If I save, quit the game, reload my save, and try to place another station tile at the same coordinates, the crash happens again.