News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Something with bridges

Started by Junna, March 30, 2015, 03:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Devel new crashes for me when dragging a bridge.

jamespetts

I am having trouble reproducing this one - can you elaborate on the steps necessary to reproduce this?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Just building a bridge anywhere causes a freeze forthwith for me.

Could it be something with the pak?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zj6feglenqd3d0a/Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.2J.7z

jamespetts

I cannot reproduce the crash in your pakset, but the track on your bridges is invisible, as you need to set has_own_way_graphics=0 for those for which I have removed the way part of the image.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

I have not changed the setting of has_own_way_graphics from the source, though? I assume those that miss it are those which I imported quite some time ago from standard manually...

I guess I'll have to compile a debug and see if it says anything worthwhile. My friend also got the same bug, so it ought to be reproducible.

jamespetts

Hmm, that really is very odd.

As to the bridge graphics, are you using the latest compile of Makeobj-Experimental?

Junna

Oh, I guess that one has been updated? No, mine is from last summer, so I reckon it is outdated and why then.
First-chance exception at 0x004A7DA1 in Simutrans-Experimental-debug.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x8C000010.
Unhandled exception at 0x004A7DA1 in Simutrans-Experimental-debug.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x8C000010.
'
    96:     inline sint32 get_wartung() const { return maintenance; }
004A7D90 55                   push        ebp 
004A7D91 8B EC                mov         ebp,esp 
004A7D93 51                   push        ecx 
004A7D94 C7 45 FC CC CC CC CC mov         dword ptr [this],0CCCCCCCCh 
004A7D9B 89 4D FC             mov         dword ptr [this],ecx 
004A7D9E 8B 45 FC             mov         eax,dword ptr [this] 
(green arrow here>)004A7DA1 8B 40 10             mov         eax,dword ptr [eax+10h] 

jamespetts

Can you try recompiling with the latest bridges to see whether that fixes your issue?

Junna

Well, that gives:

>makeobj pak128 ./ ./
Makeobj version 55.3 for simutrans 120.0.1 Experimental Development build 12.900
0 and higher
writing invidual files to ./
   reading file ./asphalt-roads.dat
   writing file ./way.hr-asphalt-road-heavy.pak
      packing way.hr-asphalt-road-heavy
libpng warning: Application built with libpng-1.2.52 but running with 1.5.14
ERROR: while loading PNG:       Could not create read struct in ././images/hot-r
olled-asphalt-road-heavy.png.
For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum:

http://forum.simutrans.com

Junna

I can't figure out how to get a useable libpng...

jamespetts

Are you on Linux or Windows?

Junna

Windows. I tried compiling libpng but it doesn't seem to recognise this when adding this to library in MSVS while compiling makeobj, which proceeds to be compiled fine but cannot be used (it returns the error previously posted, about needing 1.5.14).

jamespetts

I have just e-mailed you the version that I use - please let me know whether this assists.

Edit: I am afraid that your e-mail address did not work: can you e-mail me your current address?

Junna

Thank you, I managed to compile a new version with that.

Alas, it appeared it was unrelated to the issue. But I did manage to discover after some tedious attempts that it was a certain few bridges that were the problem, old deprecated bridges which were still around in the form of old pak files, and it was only when trying to build one of those that the executable would crash. Deleting those, the problem is no longer; presumably this was due to some old setting for the experimental bridges that did not line up to the new bridge system, I guess.

jamespetts

Ahh, perhaps the problem is that they are not half-height compatible bridges?

Junna

Oh, they were half-heights compatible, but left over from (mid-2014) compiled pak-set and did not support the new way system.