News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Choose signal ignored

Started by Junna, October 27, 2015, 07:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

At Tarton Sheep Farm, Greenley Textile Mill, and Parborough Steelworks trains do for some reason not obey the choose signals at all instead, it seems.

jamespetts

When you say that they do not obey choose signals, can you clarify what you mean by that?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Those trains at the aforementioned places in the save game previously uploaded come to the choose signals for the goods yards, but do not choose a platform at the sidings, instead they wait and cause things to get stuck, because they want to use the particular siding their schedule is marked upon; they do not "choose" one of the other available sidings.

jamespetts

Testing at Greenley Textile Mill, it seems that, no matter how long that the game is run, no more than one train is ever in the yard at once; is there a particular time and place when this is known to occur?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Hi in other game with the current devel version I noticed that one choose signal didn't work, and I managed to fix it by moving it closer to the platforms. Savegame is here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=14853.0

Junna

Parborough is the place where it happens most often, though it happens to me on all of those eventually. A train reversing in the platform, a train arriving - it tries to reserve the specific platform in use and won't chose. There's no way to move the choose signals closer either without ugly track work.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this now - do you care to retest? Thank you for the report.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on October 28, 2015, 10:33:27 AM
I think that I have fixed this now - do you care to retest? Thank you for the report.

In my game the issue with choose signal that was too far seems fixed.