News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[devel-new 9e74a9b] Various bugs

Started by Rollmaterial, November 12, 2015, 09:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

Sve: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtfvd51zbhok7ft/autosave03.sve?dl=0
Pakset: https://www.dropbox.com/s/talzjniw2aj5b1d/Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.2T.zip?dl=0

1. Game crashes, error message:
FATAL ERROR: vector_tpl<T>::[] - class koord3d: index out of bounds: 130 not in 0..129

2. Path reservation doesn't work properly at Greenwich Kellett Lane.

3. Choose signal still routes trains over V turns at Brentvale Furniture Factory.

4. Manually connected industries disconnect at reload (here the fish chains and a few other ones are manually connected).

DrSuperGood

You need to mention what version of the experimental client you are using. It has been heavily revised since last release fixing dozens of bugs.

Rollmaterial

DrSuperGood

4. Manually connected industries disconnect at reload (here the fish chains and a few other ones are manually connected).
I think the ability to manually connect industries is purposefully removed. Industries are meant to be placed and connect to each other in an intelligent way based on locality. This is to stop stupid cross map connections as seen on the server. The connection range is also meant to be semi realistic so that goods such as perishable milk for a dairy can only be sourced locally where as not perishable goods such as coal or iron ore could be sourced much further.

I remember a discussion on this a while ago.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I couldn't reproduce the crash (can you let me know how long, in game time, that I need to wait?), but I have found (and fixed) a bug affecting the advanced settings dialogue that caused some settings to be given incorrect values which appears to have affected your saved game (this caused trains to go extremely slowly around 45 degree corners amongst other things). You may need to spend some time restoring your settings by reference to simuconf.tab.

I shall look into the other reports when I have time (but please first confirm that you can still reproduce them after applying the latest fix and restoring the incorrect settings). Also, would you be able in future to post bug reports one to a thread rather than multiple reports in the same thread? It makes it much easier for me in tracking what I have and have not fixed and also in respect of any discussion of the bugs. Thank you again.

Edit: I think that I may have found the crash with the out of bounds error - can you re-test this, too?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

The crash seems to be fixed (until the next one comes across, out of bounds errors seem to be quite frequent ^^).

As for the path reservation bug it seems that when two trains are waiting for paths that cross each other, both trains proceed when both paths are cleared at the same time.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed the reservation bug; would you be able to re-test? I should be obliged.

Edit: I also think that I have now fixed the choose signal bug; again, I should be grateful if you could re-test.

Edit 2: I am afraid that I cannot reproduce the issues with industries linked manually not reconnecting after a reload: can you give any more detailed instructions as to the specific conditions in which this occurs?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Rollmaterial

Quote from: jamespetts on November 14, 2015, 12:31:35 PM
I think that I have fixed the reservation bug; would you be able to re-test? I should be obliged.
The reservation bug seems fixed.

Edit: I also think that I have now fixed the choose signal bug; again, I should be grateful if you could re-test.
Still not fixed unfortunately.

Edit 2: I am afraid that I cannot reproduce the issues with industries linked manually not reconnecting after a reload: can you give any more detailed instructions as to the specific conditions in which this occurs?
When you load the map, are the fish chains linked according to the transport lines?

jamespetts

Thank you for confirming apropos the reservation bug. The V-turn bug appears trickier than I first thought: the issue seems to be with a function from Standard not working as I expected. I have posted a query to the Standard developers about this and will see whether they are able to assist.

I did not check fish chains, as, from your description, I understood that the problem was generalisable to any factory chain linked manually, so I started a new map with vanilla Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.2 and linked an arable farm and a greengrocer. Is this not the case?

Rollmaterial

I meant any factory chain linked manually. When mentioning the fish chains, I was referring to my game, where the fish chains would be the easiest to identify since it affects every fish chain I serve. Could it then be specific to the saved game? I created it under a build from approx. October 27th in debug configuration. In debug configuration, all receiving industries were faulty at reload and clicking on them would crash the game. I then compiled in release and it didn't crash anymore, but all manually connected industries kept disconnecting at reload.

Junna

If you have problems with some industry chains, is it the same as the one I reported long ago? They kept disconnecting as Rollmaterial describes here above.

jamespetts

Can either of you give instructions reliably to reproduce this? As previously indicated, this is not fully generalisable.

(Note that reproducing means having a game in which a pair of industries are linked, saving and loading the game, and finding them unlinked: a saved game in which industries are unlinked when I open it will not assist as this is too late in the process of the bug occurring for me to reproduce the actual causative sequence).

Rollmaterial

Disabling crossconnect factories solved the problem here. I think it may be recreated by enabling it at game creation.

jamespetts

There have been some fixes in Standard which I have just applied to Experimental apropos the V-turn bug - can you re-test and let me know whether this is fixed now?