News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

SMSC September 2011 Edition: City Tunnels

Started by vilvoh, August 31, 2011, 07:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Welcome to a new edition of the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest. The September's topic is City tunnels, thus show us the underground infrastructures that turn your city into a Emmental cheese.

Rules

• Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: City Tunnels
  • You may use any pakset you want
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at 15th September. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)

Prize:

A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.

Have fun!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

alexbaettig

Once again I send in a picture as I have not fared bad in the last editions.

This is from a real game (but unreal conditions: balance rises and rises and I don't know why and how...) in pak.german.
I can't see any addons in this particular screenshot but I have some in the game.
The tunnels are of all sorts: Not only U-Bahn and normal Railways find their space beneath the city's heart but also street tunnels with trams in them!

I decided to name it "Pfoerring Big Dig" in honour of the famous Big Dig in Boston (It cost me a fortune to build it... as it did Boston!)
Link:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/pfoerringbigdig.jpg/

Off-topic: @vilvoh: You must mean Emmental Cheese not Gruyère. If your Gruyère has many holes in it you should probably check for mice in the shop because it is not supposed to have that many holes in it!

vilvoh

Ok, cheese type changed. On the other hand, which pakset did you use, alexbaettig?

ojii

So I'll finally join one of these challenges.

(Bigger version: http://ubuntuone.com/16cmsZjZ5Rg4IKknyjVY05, Version with lines highlighted: http://ubuntuone.com/3wdeM9nvY4NNvFEMltUiT7)

This is from a real game, using pak128.japan (and a lot of addons for it).

It's the underground view of the biggest metropolis in my game, Okayama and Kashiwa together have 337660 inhabitants.

At the top edge of the screenshot you can see Kashiwa Bay Station, which is the busiest station in the game and the terminus for the Kashiwa Shinkansen, which links the Kashiwa Metropolitan Area via Nagano to Hachioji, the second biggest metropolis (99740 inhabitants). Before the opening of the Shinkansen line (mostly overground, a tiny underground section can be seen in the top right corner), a ferry line used to connect Kashiwa Bay Station with Nagano (South) Port from where passengers could take a short train trip to Nagano (North) Port to continue their trip on a second ferry to Hachioji. Further it's also the terminus for the Yamaguchi Express Line (overground, not in picture), connecting it to the western suburbs. The Kanazawa Express Line (overground, not in picture) connecting to the eastern suburbs also terminates here.

The central (double track) East-West tunnel serves the Harbor Line (Connecting Okayama Chuo and Kashiwa Bay Station) and the East-West Line with through services to the suburbs Matsue and Hachinohe.

I hope you enjoy my screenshots and looking forward to all the other great submissions (also I'm sorry for the long description, just look at the pictures :D)!

reytm2

This is an unreal game (artistic) ... is a reproduction of a pyramid (tourist attraction)

24 tunnels are used.

20 Road and 4 Watery, at the end to have a pyramid in a spiral, fully functional.

Greetings.

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

buskind

COBWEB KEMPEN
pak64, vers. 102.2.2

ImageShack.us

In my screenshot you can see the underground network of Kempen in my real game.
The subway lines U1 to U8 of Kempen are built towards every direction and connect other cities,
an airport and different stations for long distance trains with the central station. One circle double-track
reduce the ride time of more then 50.000 passengers per month.
While the city is crowing, I will plan to buid a second circle to intensify the network in the suburban region.

Good luck all participants!

Václav

So, after some time my next competition picture.

A little artistic. I played a little with transparency.
(with lesser number of layers it would look better but ...)

A view into city's underground (through layers)
Pakset: pak128 (mixture with few buildings from other ones of the same size)

(uploaded on graphics.simutrans.com)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

DCD

HILK TUNNELS

Well this is the city that has more tunnels of my game :)
It's a mountainous island. My tunnels facilitate the transport of passengers so I dont need to go around to island ;D
I use a line of 25 bus for the city, pak 128 and addons from a real game
good  luck :D

[ES]

Bueno esta es mi ciudad que tiene mas tuneles de mi juego    :)
Es una isla montañosa, entonces los tuneles facilitan el transporte de los pasajeros  asi no tengo que  rodear toda la isla xD
uso una  linea de 25 camiones para la ciudad, pak 128  y addons de un juego real

.             SIMUTRANS--SIMUTRANS  

Isaac_Clarke

Subway & RER Lines of Paris
Pak 128 (with many addons)       v0.110.0.2

This is my principal Real game: France

History:
On this map, that I work since September 2010,I reproduced a lot of French cities with a amount of 3.906.480 citizens. Paris is the bigger one with 390.694 habitants (last count). And with all the suburbs, there is more than 821.000 habitants! So i've build an important network of subway in paris and somes lines of suburbans trains which cross Paris by tunnels and deserves all the suburbs.

Here is a overview of the network which is so big that i could only make a screenshot with the most important stations possible. Railways with the "tube tunnels" are the subways lines and those which don't have it are suburbans lines.
The principal difficulty was to superimpose the subway and the suburbans trains lines. Subways lines use the underground level -1, sometimes level -2 and the suburbans lines use the level -2 and -3.

Statistics:
-8 lines of subway
-4 lines of suburbans trains
-83 stations in Paris (metro and suburbans)
-Approximately 180.000 passengers each day just in paris.
-21 lines of bus to complete the transport network in paris

If you want more details or more screenshots (out of the competition), i would be happy to talk about my network and my map :)

Good luck to everyone!

sojo

The 96th Comic (pak96.comic) with two little tunnels:

Click to see all!

It is from a real game, but without tunnels. I have it build only for this picture.

There are to see three types of subways and a bus-line.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

dc_ae

This is a real map I started working, around 3 days ago.
It is obeying era and it's the year 1934 so the trains are really slow and I don't get lots of profit.

The pak is 128 with several addons, the trains come from the british underground addon.

Here is the higher definition screenshot
http://oi53.tinypic.com/xekh8o.jpg

greenling

good morning Vilvoh
excuse me I have quickly no picture to hands but i have a little wish!
@alexbaettig can you send my a copy from your pakset!
@ojii can you send my a copy from your pakset!
@VaclavMacurek can you send my a copy from your pakset!
@DCD can you send my a copy from your pakset!
@Isaac_Clarke can you send my a copy from your pakset!
@dc_ae can you send my a copy from your pakset!

I Want make a Datebase with historyen paksets!

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Leva

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg26/scaled.php?server=26&filename=thefreightstation.png&res=medium

Simutrans-Experimental 9.12
Pak.german-exp with few things from pak64
Taken from a real game.

In the picture you can see underground part of the Strausberg freight station.
This city is the largest city in the map with its population of over 40 000. Theres 5 subways lines and over 30 buslines in the city, they all even make profit. Nearest towns are connected with commuter trains.
All most important passanger trains start from Strausberg central station and all the most important freight trains end or begin from this freight station.
Biggest part of the freight station are the loading bays for trucks. Theres also some tunnels in the picture that go under the city and connect to most important highways.

Here is also a bigger picture from below of the city:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/strausbergunderground.png/

vilvoh