News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Suggestion: integrate "Alternative bus stop set" into pak64.

Started by mad_genius, February 27, 2012, 01:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad_genius

Hi everyone! Long time no see.

I've been playing the latest version of simutrans stable with the "Alternative bus stop set" from Timothy and I'm really enjoying this addon.
There's just a felling that this addon was not made thinking about some features that simutrans has today, like the timeline for example (since this addon is from 2006, I can't remember if simutrans had the timeline feature back then).
The result is that, as soon as you "plug in" the addon, all the stops become avaiable, even the ones with greater "storage" capacity.

Is there a chance for some things from this addon to be adapted/integrated into pak64? I give some suggestions below:

• add some of the bus stops that support both Pax and Mail, perhaps being more expensive (in construction costs and maintenance) than placing a bus stop plus a post office, to counter the obvious saving in space (perhaps even giving the post office a higher storage capacity to make it more attractive for large "relay stations/hubs";
  • larger stops becoming avaiable later in the timeline, otherwise i guess things would be way to easier for the player.

Ashley

The sources for these are here:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/graphics_archive/BusStops64/

So if nothing else, the dat files could be edited to include timeline features and a new pak created.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

prissi

The addon was rather new. I also integrated two of those stops from screenshots in pak64 before Timothy released it.

Ashley

Oh you should've asked me Prissi, I wouldn't have minded giving you the sources.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Ahh, this is good news. I miss having pass+mail stops in pak64. I never transport mail if I have to add on stops for it, especially with 2x2 catchment area :)

prissi

There was a time without you answering, I did it that time ...

EDIT: And that mail requires extra stops was a deliberate decision of the set.