News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Public transport problem/bug

Started by ronnie89b, March 14, 2012, 08:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronnie89b

I updated my game from 111.0 to 111.2.1 with pak128 (ver 2.1.0).
In 111.0 the vehicles are very profitable. I think the problem is the speed bonus. You changed something with it,and then the same vehicles (with same routes) become very unprofitable.
Vehicle earnings reduce significantly in the newer version.

I created a test game for better  understanding. Load with 111.0, then 111.2.1  and see the differences.
In the nightly versions the problem consist.

Ters

I build Simutrans straight from the source with irregular intervals, and have also experienced (another) drastic reduction in profits. Over four game years, the graphs just took a gradual nose dive. I haven't been able to figure out exactly what has happened.

prissi

Speed bonus is now paid one the possible max speed, i.e. the speed a convoi could achieved considered the actual load and the ways. Using fast convois on dirty road will not give any good profit anymore.

Ahh, pak128: I think there was some rebalancing.

Ters

The speed bonus is an old change, isn't it, so that's not what I've experienced the last month?

prissi

The was a typo in simuconf.tab, that set the minimum bonus to 125% instead 12.5%. Thus you would have recieved always 1.25 of the basis price.

ronnie89b

Quote from: prissi on March 15, 2012, 09:20:38 AM
The was a typo in simuconf.tab, that set the minimum bonus to 125% instead 12.5%. Thus you would have recieved always 1.25 of the basis price.
I tried a lot of value with this setting, but I didn't see any serious changes.My city buses remain heavily unprofitable. Almost all of my bus line is red in the LM window.
In this situation the game is a bit unplayable for me:(

Ters

Quote from: ronnie89b on March 18, 2012, 10:52:18 PM
Almost all of my bus line is red in the LM window.

So have my bus lines been since autumn, since the speed bonus change prissi mentioned in his first post in this thread. Fortunately for me, that alone did not ruin my company, but pak128 might be more unforgiving than pak64 in that regard.

prissi

For in-city you better run buses with a speed of roughly 50km/h, as they should be properly balanced for the speedlimit then.

Ters

Pak128 might be more forgiving than pak64 in that regard. Hopefully not less.

ronnie89b

Will there be any changing or rebalancing of the speedbonus system in the nearly future?

prissi

I think pak128 is under rebalancing, but given the many vehicles, this will be a slow process.