News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Recent posts

Simutrans Help Center / Re: Passengers don't enter tra...
Last post by Antonin - March 31, 2024, 07:19:25 PM
Hmmm. After making the change suggested above, I still have the same issue. People want to travel between the 2 cities, but only one passenger will ride my shiny new passenger train. Oh well. I think I will start a new map. :)
Since r10754, closing the main window using the x button does not work most of the time while the banner window is open. Seems to work after multiple repeated attempts (usually 5+, this is variable). Control-C in the terminal to exit the program does not work most of the time either. The program receives an SDL_QUIT message from SDL, but the corresponding sys_event seems to be ignored.
Patches & Projects / Re: r11101 expanded numberinpu...
Last post by ceeac - March 31, 2024, 06:00:11 PM
IMO the stretchable numberinputs look much nicer, this is the primary reason why I changed it. Also, other components like comboboxes or textinputs are stretchable too, so it is more consistent if numberinputs are stetchable, too.

Quote from: prissi on March 26, 2024, 02:22:12 PMFor that, one would need to add a third row of dummy objects ... can be done, but would need to be done for each of the affected dialogues. (Also the display settings i.e for traffic or map are now very wide.)
It would indeed be a larger change to check and change all the dialogues containing numberinputs. I think it would be best to revert the change right now (since reverting to the previous behaviour does not break anything), and then redo the change properly after the release since I want to focus on GUI improvements after the release anyway.
Simutrans-Extended bug reports / Re: auto plant
Last post by jamespetts - March 31, 2024, 12:07:03 PM
Quote from: kittens45 on November 28, 2023, 05:07:20 AMauto plant not producing cars
requires 48000 workers

This looks like a pakset query. Can I check which pakset that you are using?
Simutrans-Extended bug reports / Re: Crash when opening line
Last post by jamespetts - March 31, 2024, 12:05:05 PM
Quote from: michal. on March 13, 2024, 06:56:36 PMHello,

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately, I don't think that the issue has been fixed.

When clicking on any of the line +Nareinon a .6z convoys, and then "schedule", the game still crashes.

The game no longer crashes when clicking "edit line". However, in the edit line dialog window, it crashes when I try to delete the invalid waypoint.

Anyway, I've started a new bug report as well, as I've found another problem :)
I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this. Can I check whether you have tested this with the latest nightly build? It may be that the fix to the other problem that you reported on the other thread and that Ranran fixed has solved this.
Simutrans-Extended bug reports / Re: All industries lose connec...
Last post by jamespetts - March 31, 2024, 11:56:23 AM
Thank you very much for your report and apologies for not having had the chance to respond hitherto. Generally, finding and fixing bugs is only really possible (within the resources of amateur developers such as those who work on Simutrans, at least) with a reliable reproduction case. That means a saved game in which the fault can reliably be reproduced (if necessary, by following specific instructions) within a reasonable time so that we can look inside the game code when the problem occurs or get a backtrace for any crash.

I note that Ranran has had trouble reproducing the crash from the saved game, suggesting that the bug may be hard to find. Unfortunately, intermittent bugs are typically difficult to reproduce and track down. If we can get a reliable reproduction case, especially for the crash, that would be very helpful (although it might turn out that the crash is just a symptom of all the industries losing their connexions, and that what we need to track down is the earlier point in time when this happens).
Simutrans-Extended closed bug reports / Re: Crash with new line
Last post by jamespetts - March 31, 2024, 11:51:41 AM
Thank you very much for the report and the fix. Apologies for not having had a chance hitherto, but I have now merged this. This should now work correctly in to-morrow's nightly build.
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Passengers don't enter tra...
Last post by Antonin - March 29, 2024, 03:04:17 PM
Maybe my problem is the same as the OP. I have 2 cities, with a bus line connecting them. City A has a bus stop on its outer edge with 700 people waiting. About 200 want to go to City B. I built a rail line between the 2 cities, but nobody will ride it. The train stop is right next to the overcrowded bus stop.
Extension Requests / Re: traffic lights and signals
Last post by prissi - March 29, 2024, 01:38:26 PM
Since the traffic lights are switching in a sync_step, it is trivial to remove them if the underlying way has less than a straight ribi. Added in r11104
Extension Requests / Re: traffic lights and signals
Last post by Andarix - March 29, 2024, 06:40:33 AM
If the owner checks, human traffic lights can be excluded from being removed.