News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Possible typos

Started by Ters, February 03, 2014, 09:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

I found some likely typos in introduction dates for some vehicles. They are not serious, but can cause some confusion for new players, since they have some vehicles they can't use for anything. I can't even be 100 % sure they are typos, but rather extension points for add-ons. However, if the introduction year of 1825 for the Adler wagon is for the dawn of passenger railroads rather than a typo for 1835, same as the Adler itself, then the introduction month should be September rather than August. (For historical accuracy, the Adler should actually be introduced in December, according to Wikipedia, but that's a slightly different issue.)

It is also uncertain why Pferdebahn (the horses) are retired so long after Pferdebahnwagen. Lenient constraints make it possible to combine with some electric trams, but that makes no sense.

prissi

I still have Raven old engines. But those need some pixel cleaning and choice which to include. I really should work on those though.

Ters

The lack of locomotives between 1857 and 1863 is perhaps more pressing than before 1835.

prissi

I have also some more, which needs pixel cleaning. But I will almost certainly add one famous american 4-4-0  from 1855 (General) and some english express and good locos (and maybe a Borsig from 1848).

Ters

Sounds good. If I knew more about alignment, and was able to handle (semi-)full color images, I could have lended a hand.

Ters

Is the retirement year for the general really supposed to be 1991? 1891 seems to be the correct year, suggesting a small typo.

prissi

Especially since its tender is retired 100 year earlier ...

Ters

The Borsig has a one year difference between introduction year of locomotive and tender.