News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Sir Terry Pratchett has passed away.

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, March 12, 2015, 04:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

prissi

During my forced timeout for the last three weeks at home (with the flu, causing pneumonia which caused an antibiotic-allergy), I had a least many Pratchet books to reread. A sad loss indeed.

isidoro

I'm glad you're well.  This year's flu has been specially bad.  I've been sick on November, January, February and March!  And people I know with a three week's illness were not uncommon...

Markohs

I've read 4 of his novels in the past. I think "The Colour of Magic" os one of the books I've laughted more reading it, hilarious, and fascinanting. Mort is a good novel too.

Rest in peace.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

In one of the novels, the clacks operators kept the names of people alive in the Overhead. Someone had the brilliant idea of doing that for Terry, so I created a thread for it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/discworld/comments/2yt9j6/gnu_terry_pratchett/

GNU Terry Pratchett

sdog

The main problem: Where is the line, he can be sent up or down, when we are faced with a network.

Also, 'N' does not really apply as all of this is logged. Reddit logs, this forum has some degree of persistence. (It's up for over a decade?)
I think 'G' only applies. 'U' is debatable, as one who does not have any contacts might send it back to the sender.

lastly in Reddit and in this forum the name is not travelling in the overhead, but rather the message.