News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Wrong display of aspects on choose signals.

Started by Vladki, September 21, 2016, 06:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

I managed to capture one example of wrong aspect shown on choose signal. I think this is one of those that sparked the questions from Ves about whena is what aspoect supposed to be shown. Have a look at this screenshot from server game:

The cooled goods train approaching from bottom right is scheduled to the dairy stop at the top left, now occupied by train with livestock. The choose signal has 3-aspects, and path is reserved through the usual track. So it should show caution+main path, but as you can see it shows clear+alternate path.

Ves

Watching the states of the signals in the info window suggest that it is only the graphics that is confused. The states them self appears to be correct.

jamespetts

Is this something that can be reproduced reliably by downloading the server game?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I think yes. I have seen the situation from screenshot several times. You can help it by holding one of the trains on the diary siding by opening its shedule.

jamespetts

I am currently reviewing old bug reports and I notice that this one appears to have no reported resolution. May I ask whether this can still be reproduced?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Yes, this issue can still be reproduced, exactly as shown above. I have checked the descriptions of signal and it says clear+alt route, when displaying green+indicator, so the description is consistent with graphics, but in this situation the display should be caution+main rout (yellow without indicator).

jamespetts

Are you able to upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced? It is likely that the game on the testing server will have changed state since last September so as to make it difficult to use this.

Vladki

Here you are: http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/choosesignal.sve (pak128.Britain-ex). Watch the milk train approaching Nemcanka station.

jamespetts

I think that I have now fixed this; would you be able to re-test?

Vladki

In my test it show clear+main route, while I would expect caution+main route (it is 3-aspect signal)

jamespetts

Thank you for testing that. I think that I have fixed this now; would you be able to re-test? I should be most grateful.

Vladki