News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Trains exit one train staff mode incorrectly

Started by Vladki, November 01, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Please see the game on restored server.exp.simutrans.com. Look for Trnava Grain mill, or Dairy

Trains switch from one-staff to track-circuit after (un)loading and reversing. They should stay in one-staff mode.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report: I have split this from the other topic, since this appears to be a different issue.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Just a bump - the one-train staff mode is still acting weird. Trains turn to track-circuit on reversal, sometimes more than one enter the on-staff area, leave portions of track reserved. Just have a look at the server game, it will quickly get stuck near the staff cabinets at Nemcanka or Selpice station.

jamespetts

I notice that the one train staff cabinets for trains travelling in different directions on the double track section are not immediately adjacent to one another, but several tiles (i.e., several hundred meters) away from one another. A set of one train staff cabinets will not work as one unless they are right next to each other. So, for example, the cabinet at 76,86 cannot work with the cabinet at 74,87: the matching cabinet would have to be at 76,87.

The reason for this is that they really should be a single cabinet (i.e., there is only one one train staff, and it is kept in just one cabinet), but it is too difficult to write code that would allow one track to use a cabinet placed on another track, so using a pair immediately next to each other is the next best thing.

Can you try relocating one of both sets of cabinets and see whether this resolves the issue?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

AP

Quote from: jamespetts on December 01, 2016, 12:13:12 AMA set of one train staff cabinets will not work as one unless they are right next to each other.
Does diagonal adjacency work, out of interest?

jamespetts

I have to say, I cannot remember whether I tested that. I think that it should, however, as it checks all neighbouring tiles, if I recall correctly.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on December 01, 2016, 12:13:12 AM
Can you try relocating one of both sets of cabinets and see whether this resolves the issue?

I have put one-staff cabinets only at Selpice station (siding to the cow farm), but still it is not ok. Trains sometimes escape the area still in on-staff mode. Could you please rearrange the boxes yourself into arrangement that should work ?

Vladki

James, may you have a look on the server.exp.simutrans.com, and check the one-train staff arrangement, if it is built correctly? If you still have connections problems, I can upload a fresh savegame for you

jamespetts

Can you upload the fresh saved game? I should be most grateful.

Vladki

I think this bug has transformed to something else. When a train that is in the one-staff zone reverses, it clears the reservation, and another train can enter the one-staff zone - leading to a deadlock.
http://server.exp.simutrans.com/screenshots/simscr28.jpg and 29.jpg

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this; would you be able to re-test? I should be most grateful.

Vladki