News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

End of choose ignored for through trains.

Started by Vladki, May 01, 2017, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Savegame and screenshot are shown in http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=17061

None of the trains is scheduled to stop at Nemcanka. Normally the trains with cattle, milk and grain, pass through the 3rd track (counting from north - signalbox) - where you can see the grain train. The cattle train took an alternative route, and got stuck (1 km/h) in sharp S turn. I wanted to force the trains to use track 4 (on the south), which is free now, so I put an end-of-choose sign on track 1 (on the north). But the trains just ignore it. If you fast forward, you 'll see that the milk train (now waiting at the choose signal, will also go to the 1st track, ignoring the EOC sign.

OTOH, the EOC sign, prevents other trains that normally pass through track 1 to look for alternative route.

jamespetts

I am not sure that I fully understand this issue: the milk train (convoy no. 40) passes on the track nearest the signalbox as its basic route - this is the route that it would use if there were no other trains around. When I fast forward the game, this route is free, so, when the train approaches the choose signal, the signal clears and allows the train forward until it reaches the next signal. If you look at the signal, you will see that the feather aspect is not illuminated, meaning that the choose functionality has not been invoked. This means, in turn, that the end of choose logic will not be invoked. An end of choose sign will not stop a train from passing on that track as part of its normal route: only as part of an alternative route selected by the choose signal when the normal route is not free. From what I can tell, this appears to be working correctly.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

If you let the game run for a while (fast forward), you'll see that the milk train normally takes the 3rd track (counting from signalbox)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk