News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Shipping in pak.japan v112.3

Started by Octopusbeak, August 21, 2014, 04:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octopusbeak

I just started playing pak64.japan. I am trying to ship (with boats) oil and fish from oil rigs and fish swarms respectively. I built shipyard, but regardless of the timeline year I cannot get fishing boats or tankers, only ferries. Is this a bug? Is there a work around other than building bridges out into the ocean?

Thanks for the help!

Octopusbeak

Additionally, I can only buy people- and mail-carrying road vehicles. Is this normal?

P.P.S. I would be happy to create art for a new city center/town hall, if someone can point me in the right direction. The bright pink american-suburb looking one seems a little out of place surrounded by Japanese architecture. I installed Tilecutter but that's as far as I got.

Thanks again

prissi

Nice to know that somebody uses pak64.japan at all!

pak64.japan lack vehicles, I cannot draw. There should be one cooling truck in later years, and you can take the ships from pak64..

The pink bright buildings you can find in japan (if we think of the same). Most buildings are taken from the japanese website anyway).

Isaac Eiland-Hall

(I've played pak64.japan from time to time! I haven't installed it recently - been playing pak128 and pak64.german, but I like pak64.japan) :)

Octopusbeak

Prissi:
I like how it looks!

To import vehicles from pak64, do I just copy the relevant pak files from 'pak' directory and paste them into the 'pak.japan' directory?
I'll help draw vehicles if you like. I know it's not worth much hearing from a stranger who's posted three times on the forum, but I think I could help. Is there someone I could submit art to and possibly have it end up in the pak.japan download?

Attached is the pink town hall I was talking about. I'll take your word that this building could be found in japan, if it the one you're talking about.

prissi

No this is indeed not fitting. It is only there for compatibility. It has chance=0, hence it will be never built when generating a new map unless no other townhall is available.

SA136

Quote from: Octopusbeak on August 22, 2014, 03:49:39 PM
Prissi:
I like how it looks!

To import vehicles from pak64, do I just copy the relevant pak files from 'pak' directory and paste them into the 'pak.japan' directory?

Yes, you can each file, also from pak64german, but it's better this way:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=13885.0

Octopusbeak

Prissi:
Huh... I suppose I will make another one available in that case.

SA136:
Thanks for the help!

Octopusbeak

I looked and looked but cannot find the directory where the games are saved, and therefore where to put the 'addons' subdirectory to make it work. I'm using a mac. The game files and pak sets are all in the home directory.

I searched the forum and google. It's probably painfully obvious, but I need help.

Thanks again

prissi

Well I think it is in Library/simutrans if you use the normal versions.

swaan

;D I spent the entire afternoon yesterday trying to figure out why my pak.japan doesn't have road vehicles nor trams - of course after laying tracks, stations and electricity for a 50k city that looked really nice. Props to devs!

prissi

There shoudl be busses and trams ... maybe I did not understood your question. What you are you in?