News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Error opening the game (loadsave_t ;; rdwr_xml_number)...

Started by sheldon_cooper, July 23, 2017, 04:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldon_cooper

Every time when I try to open the game using any newer version of Nightly builds and Sim.exe, this error appears and the game stops working.

I found the problem would be the incompatible Settings.xml, however, I think I can not delete this file if I want to play my saved game, correct?
And what should I do to solve and open the game without problem?

Simutrans pak128 / Version 120.2.2...

Ters

Deleting settings.xml does not affect your ability to open your saved games. It is after all possible to send your save games to other players, which is sometimes requested with bug reports. The only thing I have noticed when deleting settings.xml, is that language must be selected at next start-up and that sound is back on by default. It probably contains other things, like last used map generation parameters, but I have never noticed what they are.

sheldon_cooper

Now the game opens with the new updates of Nightly builds, however, giving a new error when trying to open the game through Sim.exe, I do not know if I should open a new topic for this. Anyway, I'll leave the image of the error, you know what it can be?

TurfIt

Delete the OTRP modified pak files you're trying to load that nightlies can't handle.

sheldon_cooper

The error still continues, the error persists when I load to play pak128, german is not giving this problem.