News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

query tool

Started by asaphxiix, February 01, 2013, 02:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

Hello,

For very large maps, and for players with weak memory, it would be nice to have a query tool to find a place. Currently on a very large server game, if I see a place I don't know, I need to open the station or city lists, sort alphabetically, and scroll to the name of the place - not very comfortable. So a query tool would be good to add, I think.

An ideal solution would be a button on toolbar - opens a dialog, type a name and a filter based search shows instant results. However a simple filter field (like the one in the line management), or search option in the city/station list will probably do just as good.

Thank you all for the best game in the world.

prissi

Why not simply click on the thing you do not know. It will usually give you the information anyway?

asaphxiix

in the station waiting list, there is no such button. It's really important there. I imagined such an arrow would be difficult to add there, but I didn't really consider it. It would certainly be a better solution, if any mentioning of the stop would have a link to go there :)

greenling

asaphxiix
give your Station and Stops the codes, then can you view to how the goods want.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

asaphxiix

greenling, i could do that, but on a very large server map for instance, this is not very practical.

prissi

The clickable list was requested quite often.

But there is already such feature. It is the filter option on the halt dialoge. There you can easily enter a name.

asaphxiix

ah yes, I see there's a filter there\

that is helpful !
could it be reproduced to the city list as well?

for instance in the bridgewater game, there are many players, so if I want to find a stop with this filter I'd have to cycle through the players.

greenling

Those Filters work only at your station and stop.
Public and Stops from Another player cam not in list.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

A world statistic might indeed useful. Perhaps a defualt filter for player which is set for current player and public would be most helpful for stops.