News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

[r7475] New shops appear - but without suppliers

Started by Václav, January 16, 2015, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I found in release 7475 that new shop appear - but without suppliers.

I achieved number of citizens when new industry appears. And new industry appears. New shop appears - but without any supplier.

That no supplier appears, it is not problem at first glance. Because no new supplier may appear in case of else suppliers are already available in map. Problem is, that shop is not connected to any supplier.

It did three attempts. And result of new industry appearance was the same. No new supplier appears - and shop without connections to any supplier.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

Which shop? I may be well a wrong shop definition, or missing entry data or many more causes.

Václav

Shop as final part of industry chain.

Next two or three attempts had still the same result. Only shop changed between Kaufhalle and Geschaeft. And shop appeared in random place.

Hard to say what would happen with else industry chains like power plants or so.

Ters

You don't say which pak set this is. Do these consumers have a common supplier? If so, maybe there is no suitable place for it.

Václav

Pak96.comic

All needed suppliers are already available (built) in map - so at least shops could be connected to them. I looked for demanded climates of possible suppliers. And all ones may appear - because my map begins in mediterran - and ends in rocks.

Ters

Quote from: Václav on January 17, 2015, 04:45:50 PM
All needed suppliers are already available (built) in map - so at least shops could be connected to them.

Unless they are too far away.

Václav

Hard to say if they were too far. I took a look on position where shop appeared the first time. And one supplier was not so far - in else city that is quite near (250 tiles or closer*).

Map: 2000*1316
Screen: 1360*768
Minimap zoom (in max. view size - it means about 728, if I counted correctly): 2:1 to see both cities in full size, 3:1 to see both cities partly.

In currently last attempt ClothingStore (new addon from my design factory) - and with suppliers. One is in the same city (it means very very near) - and the other one is outside of view area of minimap in zoom 2:1. So, probably it is not (only) about distance between factories. At least because from the start of game some connected factories were very distant to each other. And this industry growth was first.