News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Fork of pak128.Sweden

Started by 1993matias, November 09, 2023, 09:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1993matias

Hello,

My friend and I are trying to expand the pak128.Sweden pakset to include Denmark (land ater also the rest of the Nordics). Of course, it is a daunting task seeng as I have no programming experience.
At the moment I'm trying to figure out what the different track types represent. I can guess, of course, but that's hardly in the spirit of Extended, is it? :)

-Matias

jamespetts

I think that the person who maintained the Swedish pakset is no longer active, so guessing (or, rather, inferring) may be your only option for now unless and until he becomes active again.

Very best wishes with the project, however!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

1993matias

Quote from: jamespetts on November 11, 2023, 09:02:54 AMI think that the person who maintained the Swedish pakset is no longer active, so guessing (or, rather, inferring) may be your only option for now unless and until he becomes active again.

Very best wishes with the project, however!
Thanks! Now that you are here, do you mind if I ask some questions?

How did you calculate/estimate braking force? I'm sure you must have some documentation clarifying the braking force of century old braking systems :)
The same with locomotive tractive effort, especially for steam locomotives.

How about the time it takes for passengers to load and unload? Did you take door breadth into consideration, did you make a formula? And overcrowding, is it official figures of permitted overcrowding from the era?