News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Earn cash when pressing schedule on a delivery vehicle with load.

Started by Kokefa, January 30, 2016, 10:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokefa

A vehicle is driving on the road, on it's way from a plantation yard to a sawmill with load in it. Open up the vehicle and press schedule at any time while it's having load, you earn cash, I believe this is not intended.
I believe this works with anything that has load in it? but it's 100% recreational, I'm doing this with tree plantian yard to a sawmill, but imagine like boats with tons of load.

Ters

This is well known, and as far as I can remember, it is intentional, although I can't recall the reasoning. You are only being paid for transporting the goods that far, and you are afterwards not supposed to be paid for that part of the journey again, but I haven't actually studied the sums to see if that part works correctly and blocks cheating.

DrSuperGood

A vehicle is driving on the road, on it's way from a plantation yard to a sawmill with load in it. Open up the vehicle and press schedule at any time while it's having load, you earn cash, I believe this is not intended.
I believe this works with anything that has load in it? but it's 100% recreational, I'm doing this with tree plantian yard to a sawmill, but imagine like boats with tons of load.
You get paid based on distance traveled using the chosen (in game settings) payment option. As such when you do this, you are purely changing when you get some of the payment, rather than producing more payment since the final payment will then be smaller. The same effect can be obtained by adding intermediate stops to the schedule since payment logic is run at each stop.

This is well known, and as far as I can remember, it is intentional, although I can't recall the reasoning. You are only being paid for transporting the goods that far, and you are afterwards not supposed to be paid for that part of the journey again, but I haven't actually studied the sums to see if that part works correctly and blocks cheating.
It can be used to manually perform the "cargo bouncing" exploit when payment 0 (distance between stops) is used. With payment 1 and 2 it should not be exploitable since total payment should be preserved.

I believe the reasoning for the payment is because the change schedule shares some logic with arriving at stops and changing schedule.

Dwachs

See this post (it is the oldest topic still residing in bug reports!, also its thread id is 73, so it is from the very beginning of this forum)

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=73.0
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.