News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Setting singleuser_install = 1 as default for development builds

Started by Spenk009, May 23, 2016, 12:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenk009

Whenever I compile a fresh version of Experimental, the saves and config files and such go straight to the user documents. Can we default to keeping all files and folders contained within the Simutrans.exe directory while testing the development builds?

It's easily said that you should edit simuconf.tab but recently I've found Experimental to overrule this and crash on start up after meddling with the files.

jamespetts

The more significant issue here appears to be the problem with crashing after adjusting settings files: the per user behaviour as default seems to me the more sensible. Can you give me some details about how to reproduce a crash on startup with modified settings files, sufficiently to reproduce such a crash reliably? Thank you for your report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Spenk009

Yesterday, I used Ves' devel-new build, which didn't recreate this problem.

Previously, I would compile a new executable as stated in the  How to compile Simutrans Experimental with MSVC 2012, place all files in my D:\Games\SimutransX (X being the next folder number up, currently 5) and run the executable. The game would boot and give an error message. Deleting the Simutrans folder in My Documents solved the issue.

jamespetts

Is this perhaps the issue when new builds are incompatible with saved settings files? This is not relevant so changes in simuconf.tab, however, and applies only to development, not release, builds.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Spenk009

That's very likely the cause. I'll call the issue resolved.

Using Ves' build from 22.05.2016 and a pakset from Junna immediately after the addition of signalboxes, there is an issue with boats where the boats see the tile in front of docks as a waypoint rather than a stop. I have attached an image to show this. The other stop on the line has not been updated, so it hasn't converted to Waypoint.

edit: I would also like to say that the display of distances between stops is extremely helpful and the absence of track weight limits disallowing passage of vehicles is a good move. The complex additions that you've brought into the game are very worthwhile and have added a lot of depth to game play even when on small maps.

jamespetts

Quote from: Spenk009 on May 28, 2016, 11:22:55 AM
That's very likely the cause. I'll call the issue resolved.

Using Ves' build from 22.05.2016 and a pakset from Junna immediately after the addition of signalboxes, there is an issue with boats where the boats see the tile in front of docks as a waypoint rather than a stop. I have attached an image to show this. The other stop on the line has not been updated, so it hasn't converted to Waypoint.

I should be very grateful if you could post each bug in its own separate thread, as it is very difficult to keep track of which issues are fixed and which are not if there is more than one bug in each thread.

Would you be able to post that issue in its own thread, with instructions on how reliably to reproduce and/or a saved game in which it occurs? Thank you.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you. I will look into that when I have a moment.