News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Weight limits error message confusing.

Started by Vladki, December 04, 2016, 09:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

In the test server I have a couple of DAF XF Artic truck running with piece/cooled goods and livestock just fine. But when I attached a bulk cargo trailer, I could not get it out of depot. It had an axle load of 14t, so I had to upgrade part of the road network and then it went to load its cargo. But then again it could not depart when fully loaded. The error message says Vehicle weight 14 t but max weight is 0t.  Hmm, very confusing, I was looking if I could find some forgotten tile of bridleway or mothballed road, but did not find anything. At las I found out that it was a bridge that had lower _total_ weight limit than the loaded truck.

In general, checking weight limits is quite problematic. Would it be possible to:
a) fix the info about weight limits (axle/total) encountered
b) have a hyper link to the tile which can not be passed by the vehicle in question?

jamespetts

The former would be much easier than the latter, which would involve some quite involved work with the GUI. I will have to look into the former when I have a moment.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

zook2

Quote from: Vladki on December 04, 2016, 09:01:46 PMI was looking if I could find some forgotten tile of bridleway or mothballed road, but did not find anything. At las I found out that it was a bridge that had lower _total_ weight limit than the loaded truck.

I think that's a fairly common problem, and it has me stumped every time. Finding the offending bridge isn't the problem - remembering that bridges are treated differently is (and I consider myself an experienced SimEx player). For me, the problem would be 99% solved if the message involved a simple reminder that total vehicle weight and bridges *could* also be the cause of the problem, as well as road tiles.

jamespetts

I have added a reminder to check weight limits of bridges and ways in the general "no route" dialogue; is this helpful?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

The information in no route is confusing. See the attached screenshot

Bridge's limit is 5t, bus's weight is 10t, but the no-route says that vehicle's weight is 5t, and limit is 0t...

jamespetts

Can you upload a saved game in which this specific situation can be reproduced so that I can look into it?  Thank you.