News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

industry won't accept electricity

Started by laos, July 06, 2017, 05:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laos

See the link below. I have a substation attached to a colliery and it refuses to accept any electricity. it also doesnt state its attached to the building like cities do, though not sure if thats intentional.

As a note: I also have its associated city currently attached to a substation, which is properly drawing the city's power demand.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxeK0aHeh-zTdEd6WGZGVVItbFE/view?usp=sharing

Please advise if this is not a bug and I'm just doing something not obvious to me :)

Rollmaterial

Industries only consume electricity while producing.

laos

Quote from: Rollmaterial on July 06, 2017, 05:32:43 AM
Industries only consume electricity while producing.

Is this industry not producing? It has jobs, passengers, and it's generating coal?

jamespetts

It is difficult to say whether this is a bug or not, and, if it is a bug, to fix it, just from a screenshot. Are you able to upload a saved game in which this issue can reliably be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Michael89

This never happened to me and I did the same things like you, it may be a bug. Try send a ticket to support. Good Luck !

jamespetts

Looking at this, the coal mine does not appear to be producing: see the red bar below the picture of it in its information window. Industries will only demand electricity when they are producing.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

laos

Quote from: jamespetts on July 07, 2017, 10:28:58 PM
Looking at this, the coal mine does not appear to be producing: see the red bar below the picture of it in its information window. Industries will only demand electricity when they are producing.

you are indeed correct after trying with a different colliery who temporarily accepted the power and then didn't need it anymore after a short time. If I understand what is happening: the colliery is producing at a rate high enough to meet the needs of all businesses accepting from it, so therefore it doesnt need the electricity to gain a higher production rate?

overall - not a bug so feel free to close

jamespetts

The idea is, if I remember correctly how this works, that the producer industries will need electricity to increase their production if the consumer industries are also connected electrically.

I will have to consider amending this a little so that modern industries will not operate at all without electricity, as it is not realistic for modern industries to work without being connected to electricity.