News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Distant signals ignored when transitioning from cab signalling

Started by Rollmaterial, October 07, 2017, 03:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

When transitioning from 2 aspect cab signalling to track circuit block, a TCB distant signal will be ignored and the train will brake until it sees the home signal.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. Can you upload a saved game in which this issue can reliably be reproduced? I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Can I ask at what specific time and place in this saved game that this occurs? I can see one distant signal from which trains may transition from cab signalling to track circuit block signalling at 968,359,2, but this line does not seem to be used frequently. Is this the signal that you mean? If so, at what game time does a train next pass it?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Rollmaterial

Look at the chord that branches off to the high speed line near Boststoke St. Hilda. It has 2 tph.

jamespetts

I think that I have improved the behaviour in relation to this - would you be able to confirm? Thank you for the report.

Rollmaterial

Now the train reserves, but it still doesn't register the aspect of the distant signal and keeps braking until it sees the home signal.