News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

3.12 Ways not Connected

Started by Colin, May 26, 2009, 02:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Hi James,

When running electrification catenaries on Tram or Train tracks you cannot continue without continually re-clicking the Electrification Icon in the menu. Before all one had to do was click the electrification emblem on the length of line that was to be electrified and just continue doing that until finished, Now the Icon in the Menu has to be re-clicked for each section of track.

I hope you understand that. ;D
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

jamespetts

Colin,

thank you for the report - I will look into this. In the meantime, however, you might find it easier to use the "e" key instead of re-clicking on the menu icon all the time.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Colin

Thank's James, I also think that this problem extends to other things as well. I tried to build two rail depots at the same time but I had to re-click the menu icon again for the second one. I may be wrong because I'm also suffering tremendous time lags. At the moment it is taking, sometimes up to 5 Simu-days to recover from an Auto Save and it's getting worse.

My computer is
CPU Dual Core Intel Pentium D 3.6Mhz.
NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT with 1GB memory
RAM 4GB

It should be quite sufficient to run Simutrans without any problems, don't you think?
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

jamespetts

Returning to the original issue, the patch from Gerw that I integrated into version 3.12 has been updated several times. It looks like it may well end up in the trunk, so my plan is at present to wait until it makes it into the trunk, and simply to merge that version (as merging patch files is very time consuming because I have to do it manually). Hopefully, when the trunk version is integrated, anomalies such as these will go away. In the meantime, although imperfect, the tool is, at least, usable.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

3.13 has an updated version of the way object building patch (which is now also in the trunk), so, hopefully, this problem should be fixed.