News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[idea] Rollup window with mouse wheel

Started by z9999, October 12, 2008, 12:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z9999

This is only an idea which is not fully tested.
This patch may cause some problems.

- Mouse wheel up on the window title bar will roll up the window (title bar only)
- Mouse wheel down on the window title bar will roll down the window (show all window)

BTW: I couldn't make new topic on "Patches and Nightly Builds" forum, if this isn't appropriate forum, please move it.

VS

Interesting idea.

It logically follows that using middle mouse button is one of the areas with new possibilities, too...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

IgorEliezer

Interesting idea, too. It makes me remember Blender and other softwares that do the same. Very useful if you don't want to "miss" important tools you are using and avoid screen from being crowded.

Quote from: z9999 on October 12, 2008, 12:22:03 PM
BTW: I couldn't make new topic on "Patches and Nightly Builds" forum, if this isn't appropriate forum, please move it.

I've just set a permission allowing any member to post there. But...! "Patches and Nightly Builds" board is only for posting and discussing about "patches" and "nightly builds".  ;)

Topic moved.

prissi

I like the possibility to do so. But I am not sure about the wheel. Maybe a double click (i.e. two clicks without moving the mouse should toggle this too)? Or should a symbol to the window added?

I would like to discuss the way of how to do it more, but the idea is great. (Maybe we should discuss in extension requests?)

IgorEliezer

Quote from: prissi on October 12, 2008, 05:56:49 PM
Or should a symbol to the window added?

For me, this seems to be the best way. As far as I know, Map window has a button (a triangle icon) that works by similar way, all toolbars could have same/similar button in their titlebars.

Quote from: prissi on October 12, 2008, 05:56:49 PM
(Maybe we should discuss in extension requests?)

Maybe, why not? I moved to "Patches and Nightly Builds" sub-board because there's a patch attacked in z9999's post.

z9999

How about right click ?

IMHO...
Double click is not good, because player can't set delay time and range of click point.
New button is also not good, because there is already one minimizing button.

In fact, buttons on title bar are small and are very close each other, I often click help button instead of close button.

attached right click version.
[EDIT] This version causes many crashes, so I must rework now.
[EDIT] version 4. hopely solved the crash, but still on testing.

prissi

I liked this version a lot and included it into the trunk.