News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Quoting quotes

Started by TurfIt, January 07, 2012, 03:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurfIt

Is it me or is the quoting function AFU?
Try quoting a message that contains quotes itself, and you end up with a mess. The contained quotes are missing and the quoted message loses line breaks so it's all mashed up.

Probably a SMF bug, but it sure makes holding a conversation difficult...

IgorEliezer

Quote from: TurfIt on January 07, 2012, 03:03:14 AM
Try quoting a message that contains quotes itself, and you end up with a mess. The contained quotes are missing and the quoted message loses line breaks so it's all mashed up.

Let me see.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: IgorEliezer on January 07, 2012, 03:34:17 AM
Quote from: TurfIt on January 07, 2012, 03:03:14 AM

Let me see.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: IgorEliezer on January 07, 2012, 03:35:02 AM
Let me see.
Worked.

TurfIt, could you point us a post where this bug occurred? I'd like to try it myself.

EDIT:

I forgot to say, the forum removes the nested quotes (quotes inside a quote) by default to avoid those horrid quote pyramids. If you want to add a quote inside a quote, you'll need to do it by hand or by clicking "Insert Quote" while editing a post.

TurfIt

It would be nice if the nested removal was manual but...

Try http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?action=post;quote=82941;topic=8906.0;last_msg=82976
The text from before and after the removed quotes all end up on the same line. Rather hard to make sense of.