News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Some help compiling

Started by Sir_Tramalot, December 18, 2015, 09:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir_Tramalot

Ok, so I am completely unable to compile the latest experimental build or experimental Britain pakset, so I was wondering if someone could email me a dropbox link with both the build and Britain pakset (the latest versions of both, including signalboxes). I will PM anyone who can help my email, instead of posting it, for security.
Thanks in advance, Tramalot.
(If this is in the wrong place, please move it)
Sittingbourne and Kemsley Light Railway: Keeping the spirit of Bowaters Paper alive.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

If anyone would prefer a place accessible via FTP/SFTP..... trivial for me to create a spot on a simutrans domain :)

jamespetts

Sorry that you are having trouble - may I ask what errors that you are getting and whether you have been able to compile earlier versions? The trouble with just sending you the latest binary is that it will be out of date very soon (and the latest binary that I have is not the same as the binary built from the latest commit in devel-new, as it has a partly completed piece of work in it which, as it currently stands, does not work at all).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Sir_Tramalot

The problem is that Visual Studio just does not work for me, and now my free trial has run out.
Sittingbourne and Kemsley Light Railway: Keeping the spirit of Bowaters Paper alive.

jamespetts

Which version are you using? You should be able to use a completely free version and not need to worry about a trial.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Sir_Tramalot

Managed to get one, and I am at the step where you compile, how do I go about compiling it. (I have added the directories, the guide does not give much help on actually compiling)

Also, the files I need to add to the project (in the .rar) cannot be downloaded, they show up a 404 error

jamespetts

Once you have it set up, you would generally compile by pressing F7. As to the files that you cannot download, can you let me know which ones that they are?

Sir_Tramalot

DrSuperGood

If you understand C++/C (you are a programmer) you should be able to solve all the compiler problems with a bit of time. All dependant libraries are open source and can be built using MSVC 2015 with little modification (mostly properties to fit with the sort of build you want).

If you do not understand C++/C you should really ask for a ready made build. Compiling Simutrans is not as easy as one would like it to be. Especially since some developers use MSVC (James, myself etc) where as other use GCC with possibly some Linux IDE.

Sir_Tramalot

OK, it is saying that the build failed, with 270 warnings and 3 errors, so as the post above says, could someone e-mail me a compiled exe, and update the download link with all the other necessary files in it.

jamespetts

May I ask what the errors were? If you copy and paste them, that should be reasonably straightforward. As noted, I cannot upload the .exe at present, because mine contains half-complete not working code that has not been committed yet.

Sir_Tramalot

Error   1   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'utils\cstring_t.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programming\simutrans-experimental-master\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   2   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'tpl\debug_helper.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programming\simutrans-experimental-master\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   3   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'gui\colors.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programming\simutrans-experimental-master\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental

Also, the .rar file required for the rest of the experimental version is going to a 404 error.

EDIT: What is the branch of the experimental Simutrans that I should use if I want the latest version including signalboxes?

jamespetts

What do you mean by "the .rar file required for the rest of the experimental"? To which specific file are you referring?

As to the branch that you should be using for the latest development work, it is devel-new.

The errors suggest that your project file is from a different branch than the source files, or you have not downloaded all the source files. Try with devel-new and see whether that works any better.

Sir_Tramalot

The rar file is from step 10 on this: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=14254.0

And, erm, Devel-New came out with a lot of errors. 39 in total.

Error   1   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\zeiger.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   2   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\wolke.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   3   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'gui\werkzeug_waehler.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   20   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\wayobj.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   36   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dataobj\umgebung.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   49   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\tunnel.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   54   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'gui\thing_info.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   63   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'gui\stadt_info.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   107   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'simwin.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   108   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'simwerkz.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   111   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'simview.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   112   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'vehicle\simverkehr.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   113   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'vehicle\simvehikel.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   114   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'simtools.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   179   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'simgraph16.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   190   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'simdings.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   247   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\signal.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   283   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\roadsign.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   291   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\pillar.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   305   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dataobj\network_packet.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   306   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dataobj\network_cmd.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   307   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dataobj\network.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   322   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'utils\memory_rw.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   339   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\leitung2.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   343   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\label.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   396   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'gui\gui_convoiinfo.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   397   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'gui\gui_container.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   407   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\groundobj.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   419   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\gebaeude.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   424   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'font.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   425   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\field.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   462   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dataobj\einstellungen.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   463   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dataobj\dingliste.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   467   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'tpl\debug_helper.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   477   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'utils\cstring_t.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   480   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\crossing.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   492   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'gui\colors.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   520   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\bruecke.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental
Error   535   error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'dings\baum.cc': No such file or directory   D:\Programmingdevel\simutrans-experimental-devel-new\c1xx   Simutrans-Experimental

jamespetts

Hmm - I didn't upload that .rar file and do not know what it contained. These errors are very odd, as they suggest some fundamental problem with your Visual Studio setup. What version of MSVS are you using? Also, what solution or project file are you opening?

Sir_Tramalot

Visual Studio 2012 update 4, and I am opening 'Simutrans-Experimental.vcxproj'

jamespetts

Try Simutrans-Experimental.sln