News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Some feedback

Started by killwater, January 30, 2016, 11:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killwater

Hello
I am trying to play self-build experimental but I cannot make the schedules working. It constantly say 'Waiting for schedule 0:00 left". Am I doing something wrong or is it currently not functional?

The second thing - terraforming is kind of broken right now. I get a lot of desert on the tiles that have water texture.

Edit: I know what is wrong - if you set min loading it is always respected even if you set a schedule and it disappears (greys out and changes to zero).

Edit2: Do ships require more than one tile of docks now?

jamespetts

Thank you for your feedback, and I am glad that you have solved the first issue. As to the second, I do not really understand what you mean; can you elaborate?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

killwater

As for the first issue I still think it is a bug but i found a workaround. To reproduce:
Take a new line.
Set min load to 100%
Set the spacing to eg 10 conv/month
Click the wait for time box => Min load automagicly changes to zero and is greyd out.

Convoy will never leave the stop unless it is fully loaded event if the spacing time runs away.

To make it work:
Click the wait for time box again.
Set min load to zero.
Click the wait for time box again.

What does not work correctly is automagic setting of min load - it only shows as zero but in fact stays 100% and is executed by the code as such.

As for the second issue - I cannot reproduce it but I think it is persistent - however when you repair it it cannot be reproduced again in the same place. I tried to build a canal for ships by lowering the terrain to the sea level. It filled with water but after clicking the tile with info tool it said it was desert (despite the texture being shown as water. Also no routing for ships was possible through this tile. I had to raise it again and lower - but then it did not fill with water at all and also there is no tool for changing it to water AFAIK. Neither there are any tools for double heights - are those implemented?

jamespetts

The climate and double heights tools are all in the landscape tools menu. It is very difficult for me to engage with the issues relating to the climates, however, without reliable steps to reproduce or a saved game.

As to the first issue, I will look into this.

Edit: I think that I have fixed the first issue by adding code to reset a schedule's wait for load setting for every entry with a "wait for time" setting when the schedule window is closed or when a game is loaded. Are you able to re-test?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

killwater

Quick check confirms it works properly thank you. However it would be useful if you could check if wait for max load still works. I think it is a little dodgy.

Another possible issue with schedules:
The ship is waiting for a schedule with counter saying 7:15:00 left while the setting is 3 which should give 2:07:59.Screenshot attached.

Loading the game makes the issue go away so I cannot provide a save unfortunately.

One more thing is I do not get any growth. Like literally none after 1.5 year.

It looks like if there are no goods delivered to the city there will be no growth.

jamespetts

I should be grateful if you could start a new topic for each bug report, as it is extremely difficult to kep a track of bug reports otherwise.

Also, I am afraid that I really cannot solve bugs without either a saved game or sa description of how reliably to reproduce them. Does the problem that you describe recur at a articular place and time after loading?

As to wait for load, can you be more specific about the problems with this?

killwater

Ah yes sorry about that. I promise I will try to do better next time :)

Save game (Simutrans files website do not work for me lately):
http://www.megafileupload.com/advY/1.sve

Wait for load well it just doesn't work I am afraid :) Set minimum load as 100% and max wait for load as for example 1:30 in line management window. Convoy will not leave the stop unless fully loaded despite max wait setting. Please see Crominglock Sheep Farm Stop in the savegame for example.

As for the ship I just found it in one place. If find it again I will try to gather more data.

As for growth problem - I will open new topic as requested.

jamespetts

Your link does not seem to work, I am afraid.

killwater

jamespetts

Where exactly am I meant to be looking in that saved game?

Junna

The zero growth, I take it? All cities report a 0 growth in the screenshot earlier.

killwater

Crominglock Sheep Farm Stop has some carts transporting wool. They are waiting indefinitely if there are no goods to transport.

I opened a separate thread for issues with growth.

Junna

Did you try to increase the "maximum in transit percentage" and see if it changed it? I've had things stuck with like 2 units of goods waiting to go somewhere because the total demanded by the industry was so infinitesimally small that the in transit percentage was way below a single convoy's loading, so it never departed.

jamespetts

Quote from: Junna on February 04, 2016, 11:03:30 PM
Did you try to increase the "maximum in transit percentage" and see if it changed it? I've had things stuck with like 2 units of goods waiting to go somewhere because the total demanded by the industry was so infinitesimally small that the in transit percentage was way below a single convoy's loading, so it never departed.

Interesting - to what did you have to increase this, and did this cause any side effects elsewhere?

Junna

It was at 110 (as I recall the default). I increased it to at least 500 (i.e. 5 times capacity). The only side effect was that the deliveries were less frequent, though at least they loaded then. This affects particlarly industries (consumers primarily) with very low monthly consumptions like newsagents and clothiers.

killwater

I believe that this is not the problem. Those carts will run only when any goods are there, but they should depart after max wait for load time runs out.