News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

I can not build tunnels underneath deep water

Started by fam621, February 18, 2017, 06:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

James, I can not build tunnels underneath deep water, is there a reason behind it?

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Okay, I want to build the channel tunnel and I lower the land 3 tiles down and here's how I do it: I make a simple tunnel (has always) and delete the other end and then connect up both tunnels to make one tunnel. But in this case, its not producing one.

Rollmaterial

I think you've just missed some tunnel building features. When holding Ctrl while creating a tunnel, it only builds the portal instead of digging through to the next place where land comes across. Then you can extend the tunnel manually in underground mode, including slopes by using the "artificial slopes" up and down tools.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot view pictures on Imagur for some reason; would you be able to post the screenshot somewhere else so that I can see more clearly what you mean?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

My image is too big to be uploaded sorry. I emailed it to you.

Ves

Could it be that you hit the absolute bottom of the map, ie the lowest possible height? Or maybe there is no maximum (minimum) height?

fam621

I dont know what the problem may be, but I could be ever so greatful if you could show me or even teach me how to make tunnels which go underwater (has in the Channel Tunnel) please? Link to the save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy63vjRdV2_RWU4X01Rc0h2ZTA. Note: Not updated yet until the Channel Tunnel has been put in. :)

Rollmaterial

Ves is right, you've reached the absolute bottom of the map. There is nothing you can do about it, unfortunately.

Vladki

Long time ago I have seen a trick to make tunnel over the sea without digging under the sea bottom. I don't know if it still works (in standard as well as extended.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

fam621

Vladki

Try this: http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=de_tutorial_UnterWasserTunnel
text is german, but the screenshots should be international ;)

But keep in mind that this is an old tutorial for old version of simutrans standard. So it may not work in recent versions. And it may have never worked in simutrans-experimental/extended.

Ah, sorry this is the nasty trick that I had in mind:

http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/06469.0/

fam621

Vladki

The trick cannot build diagonal bridges. All you can do is to move the tunnel entrances to some other place, so the are in line. Or you can fix your height map to get shallower sea, and start over.

Anyway, this trick does not work in latest simutrans-extended...

fam621

Its okay now, I built a bridge instead next to the E1 International Cross-Channel Road. Pictures soon! :)