News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Recent posts

Patches & Projects / Re: Use Fontconfig for font au...
Last post by Roboron - April 05, 2024, 08:41:49 PM
Yes, it is a great idea! By using the language from the translator, we can also rely on fontconfig to find a suitable font when the player changes the language - we never have to show the font selection dialog!

I have only found one little problem: the translator/language are initialized after the system font is selected. Nevermind, in the attached patch I solved this by calling dr_get_system_font() twice, the second one after the language initialization (if the previous font does not have the necessary characters) - and passing the language as an optional parameter.

Quote from: prissi on April 05, 2024, 02:47:58 AMMight not be a good choice for Japanese and other CJK languages. Does fontconfig takes this is account as well?

For Japanese on Windows 11 it picks msjh.ttc
Hm, this seems to be timing dependent, not directly related to the pakset location... Looking at simwin.cc line 2182, the quit event seems to be ignored when the event is processed by win_poll_event and not during the sync_step. So, this is hopefully fixed for good in r11123.
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Passengers don't enter tra...
Last post by TurfIt - April 05, 2024, 04:38:04 PM
Passengers do not walk between stations, side-by-side or not. If you want bus passengers to transfer to a train, the train and bus stops must be part of the same station. Otherwise cannot guess what you're doing without pictures and/or the savegame...
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Passengers don't enter tra...
Last post by Antonin - April 05, 2024, 04:00:07 PM
Quote from: prissi on April 04, 2024, 12:53:13 AMPassengers will not walk from one stop to the other once they had reached one stop. Also, if there is a direct connection, they will take it and not wait for a train, if this means more transfers.

Connect the stations to your bus network and cut the bus connection between the towns and the passengers will take the train.

My bus station is right next to the train station. They are side-by-side. I already deleted the bus line, so the passengers have no way other than the train line to travel between city A and city B. But they won't take the train.

I am playing pak192.comic.
Pak64 / no_trees simuconf entry overri...
Last post by ceeac - April 05, 2024, 03:09:17 PM
pak64 contains the "no_trees=0" entry. This causes the user choice of tree distribution to be overwritten upon re-starting the game. This parameter should be removed like in other paksets.
Bug Reports / Re: One of the Show station na...
Last post by Andarix - April 05, 2024, 02:47:42 PM
r11121

pak64.german defines the Simple tool WKZ_SHOW_NAMES in the main menu. This now changes both settings in the display settings.

Hide labels hides stations and city names. But no industry names. The industry labels can still be changed.

Since these options not only affect stations but also city and industry names, it makes the classification under Display - Stations questionable.

As long as there is no separation, a classification under map settings is probably more appropriate.
Quote from: prissi on April 04, 2024, 04:28:03 AMMaybe you missed an essential patch.
I've been skipping many of the commits related to Android support and finger controls.
As a result, there are differences in simsys. I tried to go back through the differences and retrieve consecutive commits from r10908.

But for some reason I was not able to properly incorporate dr_get_system_font() in my environment.

I don't understand why this function doesn't work with the same code as standard.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me bring this nice feature to Extended as well.
Bug Reports / Re: One of the Show station na...
Last post by Ranran(retired) - April 05, 2024, 02:12:18 PM
My explanation may have caused confusion.
The first thing I wanted to say was the suggestion to change the text to hide station names only when the hide option is selected.

I think it's a good solution to separate the show/hide buttons as they are currently.
However, IMO it is more intuitive to have that option as "Show" instead of "Hide". And it is checked by default.
Patches & Projects / Re: Use Fontconfig for font au...
Last post by prissi - April 05, 2024, 02:47:58 AM
Might not be a good choice for Japanese and other CJK languages. Does fontconfig takes this is account as well?

It seems fontconfig support two byte language codes. Maybe it would be clever to use the current language code for detection? Can be obtained from SImutranslator ...
Scripting Scenarios and AI / Re: Tutorial scenario reports ...
Last post by Yona-TYT - April 05, 2024, 02:45:04 AM
Quote from: Matthew on April 03, 2024, 11:02:23 PMThis is 123.0.1, which is the latest official release.

According to the scenario.nut file, Steam is distributing tutorial version 1.6.20.

Since they are both older versions, they should work together, shouldn't they?
Yes they should, but if the version comparison says that it is not compatible, it may be that in that version there was case sensitivity in the version names and pak128 changed to Pak128.