News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Industry with full output storage continues to consume raw materials

Started by Jando, September 26, 2017, 08:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Greetings James and others!

Sadly have another little bug with industries to report. This bug can be observed when an industry that consumes goods and produces goods (in this example: windmill and brickworks) have filled their output storage. Although the output storage of the industry is full (little demand from consumers) the industry in question continues to consume and demand it's raw materials. This can be observed in this saved game: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/JVDoDX3IpYvsdnC

How to observe:

1. Load above saved game.
2. Jump to stop Darwell Industries (a canal dock).
3. Observe Windmill two tiles east of canal dock. Windmill will have 18 crates flour in stock with a storage capacity of 18 crates. Windmill will consume grain without producing flour.

Same behaviour can be observed at canal dock Warstock Brickworks. The brickworks there has a full storage of bricks as well and consumes clay without producing bricks.

Thanks!

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I think that I have fixed this on the master branch now. Would you be able to re-test? I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Thank you, James, looking good!

Watched windmill and brickworks for a few game months in fast forward, no problem found. Usage of raw materials is exactly as expected. Thanks again.