News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Freight planes pak... fly me to the goods

Started by vilvoh, September 20, 2008, 05:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Long time ago I announced a freight plane pak, but by several reasons I didn't start it .Well,  now I've time enough so let's do it... This is the previous list. It mixes planes, helicopters and skyvans (small planes)

PLANES:

• Antonov family (an12, an26, an74, an72, an124, an225 )
  • Douglas DC-10
  • Aero Space lines Guppy family ( Pregnant Guppy, Super Guppy 201, 377 MG Mini-Guppy, CL44 Guppy )
  • IL-76
  • Boeing dreamlifter (747-400, 747-409 LFC)
  • Bristol (170-31, 170-wayfarer)
  • Lockeed C-5 Galaxy
  • Boeings (727, clipper, china clipper, 307 stratoliner, 377 stratocruiser)
  • Aviation Traders ATL-98 Carvair (BAF and Ansett color schemes)
  • Blackburn B-101 Beverley
  • L-100-30
  • Canadair cl 44 yukon
  • fokker f 27 friendship
  • Armstrong whitworth AW 660 argosy
  • AirSpeed 57 Ambassador
  • Russian carrier VM-T "Atlant"

HELICOPTERS:

• Sikorsky-CH-54 skycrane
  • Mil Mi-6 hook
  • Boeing CH-47 Chinook
  • Bell Boeing V-22d Osprey civil version (half copter/half plane)
  • Sikorsky-R4
  • Sikorsky S-55/ H-19
  • Sikorsky S-51
  • Piasecki-H21
  • FockeAchgelis Fa-61
  • Transavia PL-12 Airtruk

SKYVANS:

• Shorts family (330, 360, sc7, 3M)

Air Cargo Facilities & Terminals :

• GBi Air Cargo Facility
  • PSA Freight Terminal
  • Ramstein Air Cargo Terminal
  • AAT Cargo Terminal
  • HKE Cargo Facility
  • HKAA Large Cargo Terminal
  • 1930 Gatwick Terminal
  • TBT Cargo Terminal
  • Pavilion Air Cargo Terminal
  • HemiSphere Air Cargo Terminal

I can include 3 or 4 more, specially in helicopters cathegory, so if you have any request, post it here

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

PatrickN

The C-130 should actually be named the L-100 or L-100-30 (extended version) in their civilian forms. :)

Painter, in and out of retirement.

vilvoh

Colin

Oh Boy! can't wait, this is something I've been requesting for a long time. The single transport plane (Guppy) was totally inadequate as it would only transport boxed goods.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

vilvoh

Perhaps the names of the models were wrong. When I say Guppy family, I'm refering mainly to Mini-Guppy, Super-Guppy, Pregnant-Guppy and CL 44 Skymonster models.

Yo've more info at allaboutguppys.com[/url]

DirrrtyDirk

How about the Airbus A300-600ST Beluga as the latest stage of the guppy-formed planes?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

wipi35

Using freightplanes, take care of the correct loading procedure!

vilvoh

DirrrtyDirk

Colin

Just in case I was misunderstood. When I referred to the "Guppy" I meant the one that is already included with the PAK's.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

vilvoh

Ahh...was that, now I get it. Well, that plane can be easily improved just modifying the dat file, to increase its capacity up to, let's say 100 or 150 units. IMHO, there's no need to create it from scratch, so I would not include it in this pak.

vilvoh

The first tests with Antonov an 225. I've some problems with the scale and I need your help/advice.
As you can see the an225 is smaller than the Beluga, and AFAIK, in real life is the other way. But I can't make it bigger because it gets out of the 64x64 tile...Any idea?

VS

Well, you did see the thread with "big planes"... so what are you waiting for? Make it as pak96 (just make sure to align it correctly) and bye bye, Beluga! :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Yep. In fact, I've been talking with Zeno, and he mentioned that Prissi has said that the Beluga is out of scale. I would say deformed, to appear larger (I'm talking about pak64) I might use offsets, but I would like it to be playable with old versions (99.17, at least) I'll search for Beluga source images in the SVN...

EDIT: As suspected, The Beluga is SD (SuperDeformed)

vilvoh

A preview of the An 225 (pak96 scale). I've to improve several things like the texture (quite plain) and the bright (needs dirt) but imo the size is right. I might deform it but I think it looks good enough.

Now, an important issue, the attributes. I need your opinion about this:
freight=Buecher
payload=500
speed=800
power=103050
gear=50
weight=285
cost=15925000
runningcost=7915
intro_year=1986
retire_year=2020

I have doubts with the price (currently 159.250 cr, more than the Airbus) and the running costs (79.15 cr) I think they are quite balanced, taking into account that it will be the largest plane on the game. The most expensive plane that transport passengers is the A380 that cost 129.000 cr so imho, it makes sense that the largest freight plane costs at least that amount. What do you think?

VS

Hey, finally this great plane is getting into Simutrans!

Unfortunately 64's pricing is outside my scope.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

I've been doing some tests with these values:
- Price: 195,750 cr.
- running cost: 105 cr.
- speed: 750 km/h
- gear: 0.5

And the results show that although it's the most expensive plane in the game, it's a money making machine! In the tests, I only used 20% of capacity (100-121 out of 500) and all I can say is that the profits are around 50-60%. I guess that there's some influence of the bonus speed....I must find the correct values to keep it balanced, so I'll do some tests more with a higher running cost value, and after that I'll post the release.

vilvoh

Finally, these are the attributes:
capacity: 500 packages
speed: 750 km/h
power: 103.050 kw
weight: 285 tn
price: 495.650 cr
runningcost: 115,55 cr.
years: 1986-2025

You must think carefully if it's worth to use it. It's recommended for transporting big amounts at short and medium distances. My advice is use it only in situations where you surely know that it will fly with at least 20% of its capacity, but with small amounts (10-50 packages), you'll loose a lot of money. I mean A LOT (my tests say about 50K and 180K per month) I hope you enjoy with it...  ;D

P.S: next one will be VTM Atlant, a russian gas/petrol carrier.

vilvoh

A preview of the VTM Atlant,the first and probably the only plane that can carry petrol/gasoline in Simutrans.. ;)

EDIT: the preview image is updated.

vilvoh

I had a problem, a big problem. The plane is done but seems that Simutrans does not accept heretics so it doesn't load the plane, at least with 99.17 or higher. I've also tried with nightlies (r2052) and I can't make it work. Actually, I can't find where's the bug because I did some test with 99.04 (the version I usually make test with) and, although the plane didn't carry petrol/oil, at least the game loaded the plane, and it was shown at the air depot window....is there any restriction in that sense? is it actualy possible to transport oil/petrol by air?

An extract of the dat file:

obj=vehicle
name=VM-T Atlant
copyright=vilvoh
waytype=air
engine_type=diesel
freight=Oel
payload=155
speed=500
power=126600
gear=50
weight=75
cost=27665000
runningcost=8555
intro_year=1981
retire_year=1990
sound=6
smoke=-1
Constraint[Prev][0]=none
Constraint[Next][0]=none
EmptyImage[S]=vtm.0.0
EmptyImage[SW]=vtm.0.7
EmptyImage[W]=vtm.0.3
EmptyImage[NW]=vtm.0.5
EmptyImage[N]=vtm.0.1
EmptyImage[NE]=vtm.0.6
EmptyImage[E]=vtm.0.2
EmptyImage[SE]=vtm.0.4
-------------------------------

P.S: I can't give you more details because I not able to run simutrans with -log 1 parameter....

DirrrtyDirk

I just tried with your .dat and some dummy graphics (in 128x128) and it worked just fine with 100.1 r2040. (I used makeobj 49)

Does your pak file have a suitable size? Sometimes makeobj doesn't report a problem, but just builds an incomplete .pak file - and I figured the best indicator is file size.

vilvoh

The pak file size is 8,58 KB. I'm using pakhelper with the latest makobj (49) I attach the source files in case you want to try out. The old pak file takes 11,3 KB, and I've realized that it works!!!
As you said, must be something related with makeobj. I've checked the pak.log that Pakhelper has, but there're no warnings or errors. Anyway I've tried with the old pak and the nightly r2052 and it works as it should. Thanks for the help, DirrrtyDirk!

P.S: the plane will be ready in a few days.

vilvoh

VT-M Atlant ready for downloading......
Capacity: 196 m3 oil/petrol
speed: 500 km/h
weight: 75 tn
power: 116600 kw
running cost: 48,95 cr.
cost: 207.650 cr.
years: 1981- 1990

P.S: Next ones will be probably the SkyVans or the ATL-98

vilvoh

Preview of ATL-98 Cavair

EDIT: preview updated

vilvoh

Finally I've done two versions of ATL-98, based in BAF and ANSETT color schemes. The plane is a little bit expensive but I've realized that you can earn a lot of money tranporting ink so... ;D

vilvoh

Long time ago, we were discussing about skycranes and strange airplanes. I posted a picture of V-22 Osprey and Isaac, old forum admin and host, said that he would like to see it in Simutrans. Well, all I can say is that sometimes wishes come true.... ;)

P.S: it's the civilian version, of course.
P.S 2: Next one will probably be Canadair CL44 yukon

vilvoh

VS

vilvoh

Finally, I've done three versions of CL-44 based on different company color schemes (CAX, TransAmericaCargo and TradeWinds)

P.D: Next one is Boeing 307 Stratoliner

VS

Nice! And quite true to reality again.

(At first I thought it was Super Constellation...)

vilvoh

It's quite similar.However, Super Constellation has three wings on tail and a dolphin shape. Looks very beautiful! I think I'm going to include it on the list...:)

vilvoh

Preview of Boeing 307 Stratoliner. You can see it in action on this video

EDIT: preview updated.

maister

For the next Christmas i would write St Nicholas a letter, with the wish that i get this miraculousness freight plane pak also for pak128  :) nice works ! (i love airplanes and work also in the airline business)
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

vilvoh

I do not discard to port some of them to 128pak, but I've to finish the 64pak versions first...by now, you have Zeno's plane pak. It's less varied but It's very good, too.... ;)

vilvoh

Boeing 307 Stratoliner finished....
357 km/h -- capacity 38 units -- cost: 22K -- power: 2600 kw -- dates: 1940-1970

P.S: Next one is Blackburn Beverly B-101, a 1950's plane from the Royal Air Force.