News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

(tester version) Two bugs

Started by ispero, August 27, 2010, 06:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ispero

Hi:

I playing with the tester version and I find two bugs.

First:
Using a locomotive, the object 96c_011, some of his views will not display correctly. I attached some screenshots.

Second:
The other mistake happened to me with version 0.4.6. and is reproduced with the new version. When the game reaches the 1st of each month the program cuts me off. The only way I find is to keep just the day before and quickly at 0:00 of 1st day. When closed, I open the savegame, but the next month back to give me the same bug.

I tested with the version of simutrans 102.2.2 and the last of the night compilations, the sim-wingdi_2010-08-27_v102.3_r3704. I play without chronology and non-use add-ons.

You have some screenshots of the bug in question. If you want I can upload the savegame.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5076/fallo1.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7182/fallo2.jpg

A greeting.

Dwachs

could you upload a savegame, where this bug appears? I mean the one, that let simutrans crash on the first day of a new month.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

ispero

I try to make the best report os my bug that I can with my little english.

First I delete all the components of simutrans and reinstall the game (Verrsion 102.2.2). I use Windows Vista, I fun the simutrans in C:\Program Files\Simutrans. I use the tester version os the pak96.comic with the objetc way.Powerline.pak of the 0.4.6. because without you can use the electrical tools. I not use add-ons and I not create the folder in Documents and Settings.

I make a little map (128x128) with four small towns (300 people). I play without sound, without chronology. The game start 1st June of 1980.

I connect the Solar plant with the factories of the wood industry. I make a subway line to connect the sawmill with the forestry development. And create a stop in the forniture factory and the forniture shop. In the 1st July the game not crash with normal velocity of time.

In 1st August the game crash. Crash with fast velocity and the option night and day selected. I test and crash in normal velocity and the option night and day unselected.

In this link you can download the savegame.

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Provincia_Leon.sve

If you need more information ask me.

Dwachs

could you please test whether the crash happens with the recent nightly version?

www.simutrans-germany.com/~nightly

ispero

Hi:
I use the last nightly version and the bug persists. My computer is a laptop HP Pavilion dv9000 (ADM Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 1.80 Ghz ; Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bits) ; 1 Gb RAM.

I use this version of simutrans
http://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/simutrans/102-2-2/simuwin-102-2-2.zip/download

I've tried has run the simutrans as administrator and the error persists, but is manifest in August 2 at high speed and without night and day transition.

sojo

Problem 1 is known. It give only one image at the moment.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Dwachs

@ispero: did you test with executable from here:

www.simutrans-germany.com/~nightly ??

the versions on sourceforge are not the recent ones.

I could not reproduce the crash.

ispero

@ Dawchs : I use the recent nightly version (sim-wingdi_2010-08-31_v102.3_r3718) and the bug persists. I put the link of the version that I use normaly, the last official.
I try to make a video with the bug in the nightly version.

@sojo : Congratulation for your job, I love this pak.

Dwachs

I cannot reproduce the crash on my WinXP laptop  ??? Thank you for your very detailed and precise bug report.

ispero

Hi:

I make a video with the bug. I use the last nightly version.
First you can see the crash of simutrans in 1st of August. Then I opened the game and make my "solution". I played near the 1st of August and saved the game. I saved near but the crash appeared. I load the game and save the game three times in 1st August untill the game continue normaly untill 1st of September.

The video is in this link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KI0N1CU5

Is into a .rar file. Is a video .flv , you can see with VLC Media Player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

If you need more information, I try to help you.

ispero

Hi:

I made a new test to test if the bug occurred only on my personal computer.
I have installed on your computer at work (Win XP) the latest stable version simutrans (102.2.2) with pak96.com 0.4.7. tester, to which I added the object way.Powerline.pak.

If you do not perform any electric line the game does not collapse. At the time I build a substation and power line, the game collapses in the 1st day of the month.

Probably the error is in the management of electric power, because without it, the game gives no problems.

Dwachs

Thank you for an update on the report.

Can you please test with recent nightly? Does it crash, too?

ispero

I use the last nightly version (sim-wingdi_2010-09-10_v102.3_r3747) y use the version 0.4.7. tester with the object way.Powerline.pak that I take to the previous version.

I pass a year in fast velocity ang the game no collapse. Then I connect the forestry with the sawmill and the latter with a furniture factory. I had a solar farm, which connect to the factories with their substation and high voltage lines. I put the game in fast velocity and the first day of the next month, the game collapse.

Definitely, I think the problem lies in the distribution of electric energy.

ispero

Hi:
I made a new test with the computer of my friend. He use MAC OX (SNOW LEOPARD) with all libraries. I use in this computer the last stable version of simutrans to MAC (102.2.2-3122). We use the last tester version of the pak96.comic with the objetc way.Powerline.pak.

We start a new game, if we don't do anything the game go perfectly with fast velocity. I connect two factories with trucks and the game collapse. I don't connect this factories with electrical energy and the bugs appear. 

I can upload the log output of the bug. I can't use the nightly version, sorry.

ispero

Hi:

I format my Laptop and install de Windows Vista Home Edition with all updates. I put the version stable 102.2.2 with the tester pak, without the power line and the bugs appears. I put 0 in the autosave and the bug appear when I star to built ways and connect the factories.

This is the infor of the bug:

Nombre de evento de problema:   APPCRASH
Nombre de la aplicación:   simutrans.exe
Versión de la aplicación:   0.102.2.2
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación:   4b92c34c
Nombre del módulo con errores:   MSVCR80.dll
Versión del módulo con errores:   8.0.50727.4016
Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores:   49cc5361
Código de excepción:   c0000005
Desplazamiento de excepción:   00011eeb
Versión del sistema operativo:   6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Id. de configuración regional:   3082
Información adicional 1:   b5eb
Información adicional 2:   9856787020325e7a600ed28df0c669c0
Información adicional 3:   803e
Información adicional 4:   1c5644adb3be7080c379da1ac40fc697

I see another bug. I place three online platforms to be accessed from the same road, something like a "trident". If you place the selection signal via free when they enter the "trident" things are going well, but they wait to leave and trucks stuck.

An_dz

Ispero I was getting the same problem, but Dwachs and prissi helped me and I found out what it was. Take a look in this topic. Maybe it's the same problem. pak96.comic have two record_text strings in it's own .tab file, that can cause the problem if base es.tab is OK.

ispero

Quote from: An_dz on October 13, 2010, 07:48:01 PM
Ispero I was getting the same problem, but Dwachs and prissi helped me and I found out what it was. Take a look in this topic. Maybe it's the same problem. pak96.comic have two record_text strings in it's own .tab file, that can cause the problem if base es.tab is OK.

The bug is solved and I change the mistake in the es.tab.

Thanks for your job