News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[Proposal] Simutrans Tools site - creation

Started by IgorEliezer, July 08, 2009, 09:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

(My spare time is similar to nothing)

I just want to show the idea of creating a Simutrans Tools site (tools.simutrans.com) where all Simutrans tools would be reunited and released to the public, including MakeObj, the tools itself and the code (if open-source).

Today, several tools are dispersed everywhere and some sites are down (like simuconf). Currently most of all Simutrans tools are "findable" here: http://hd.simutrans.com/tools/

That's all

* igor has left

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ashley

Good idea, but it can't just be a page of links.

I'd like to see project pages, blogs, FAQs/wiki type documentation, an archive of previous releases (and even version management/SVN integrated).

Basically SourceForge in a tin. That would be a truely useful website for the Simutrans development community.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

IgorEliezer

SF is no doubt a good place to host all source codes and the tools for download.

But, I also think of an interface where the community will have contact with external public. This interface is justly a site for downloads and enough info about the tools, as well a blog and so on... things that will captivate public to get involved with Simutrans development. And we are having a discussion about it here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1345.msg26778#msg26778.

This forum will play a hole as place for developing part: add-ons, translations, source, tools, contests...as it is happening now.