News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

[New vehicle] - Boeing 707

Started by Milko, March 02, 2013, 10:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

The Boeing 707 420_Pax, BOAC livery

Edit: (192 px image)

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Splendid! Was looking forward to seeing more aircraft.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Alex. Brose

Great!

Is a Lufthansa 707 expectable even though it's pak128.britain? :)

jamespetts

That is quite an interesting question, actually. We have so far concentrated on airlines based in the British isles, but, unlike with, say, 'buses or trains, airlines belonging to overseas airlines will, of course, also land at British airports. I wonder what other people's views are on the topic...?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Excellent! Personally I'd only include British liveried vehicles in the official release but I'd have no problem with alternatives being available...

jamespetts

Incidentally, the English translation text was missing from the original upload: I suggest adding the following to en.tab:

Boeing_707_420(BOAC)
Boeing 707 420 series

Milko

Hello

Quote from: jamespetts on March 03, 2013, 01:42:50 AM
Incidentally, the English translation text was missing from the original upload: I suggest adding the following to en.tab:

Boeing_707_420(BOAC)
Boeing 707 420 series

:-[ :)

Done

Giuseppe

Milko

Hello

Quote from: The Hood on March 03, 2013, 12:01:08 AM
Excellent! Personally I'd only include British liveried vehicles in the official release but I'd have no problem with alternatives being available...

The topic is interesting and I have often asked the question. For aircraft passengers are few problems since the British airlines are not lacking. For cargo planes instead companies are much less.
When I design the livery always verify that the aircraft model has been used effectively and with cargo planes I encounter some difficulties. On many occasions I have used UPS, TNT, DHL, FedEx and some of them are not British.

James also says airports in each country are full of planes of all nationalities and I must also say that use various liveries also allows a little more color as it seems, airlines British love blue / dark blue, a nice lufthansa would give a bit of yellow and a alitalia light green and red. When I choose the liveries I also try to give as much variety as possible.

The Hood, You would rather that I apply to aircraft liveries that they never had or that, in the absence of British liveries, I may choose liveries of other nations?

Giuseppe

greenling

Hello Milko
I think that Aircrafts from another Airlines not can close out from Airports.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

The Hood

Milko,

I'm happy with what you've done - international post carriers e.g. FedEx and DHL are great. It'd just seem odd if we had e.g. Lufthansa liveries instead of BA given the choice...

Milko

Hello

Now I'm working on the 707 320C (the freighter version). Pelican Cargo Airlines, a British cargo airline, active for only 4 years ... but with red livery  :)

Giuseppe

The Hood

jamespetts

Of course, we could always use Experimental's livery feature to feature some alternative liveries of international carriers. The alternative liveries would only appear in Experimental, but it would be one solution to the issue.

Milko

Hello

707 320C Post. Livery: Pelican Cargo Airlines.

192px Image.

Giuseppe

The Hood

jamespetts

The Hood

The Hood

Just realised this didn't make it into the new release (didn't have time) but I will include it properly once I get back from holiday.