News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Screenshots of PAK128.german

Started by michelstadt, March 23, 2012, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelstadt

From time to time I will post some screenshots here. Unfortunately maximum file size is quite low, so that images will be small.

First shots are from the prealps area. The first shows a city's periphery at about 1960, the other view belongs to a modern town.

Fabio

It's a very cool and nice looking pakset! Congratulations! I hope this board will help it spread among players as it deserves.

greenling

Cool.
That´s Rocks!
And Nice Photo´s Michelstadt.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

derajjared

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Very nice! By the way, http://imgur.com/ is an excellent place to host pictures - then it's easy to insert them into the forum. :)

michelstadt

Thanks for your compliments.

@ Isaac: Thank you also for the URL, I think I'll try it out for the next screenshots.

michelstadt

Two new screenshots from version 0.4 on imgur. Take a look: http://imgur.com/a/sHHe1

Display details:

Roads

This is on my list of things I want to do!  Will my inability to read German give me any problems?

michelstadt

It is hard to say. But first of all it is simutrans, so you may play as you are used to do. On the sourceforge download page you will find a small readme in english which might inform you about the aim of this set.

You may try the en.tab files of standard pak128. You should only know, that our set reflects german's topographic from the coast up to the Alpes with its special industries. F.e. coal mines will only occur in the Mittelgebirge (temperate climate) and Ostdeutschland (mediterranean climate). Therefore maps should have all climates. As there are more variables simutrans has to deal with, map creation lasts longer than it does with the standard pakset.

Roads

Thank you.  Not sure when I'm going to get around to doing this.  I still have not "finished" a game on any pak yet.  It does take a long time when you begin with an empty map, then you are real picky about where you allow the game engine to build each building.  Also, I've had to learn how to keep from going broke, of course.  However, I believe I'm now at the point where I don't think I will have to restart my current game and can finish it.

That said, I'm eager to play this pak as everything you and other people have said makes me believe there was a lot of thought put into it.  Additionally, it seems it would be a little like traveling to Germany in real life and seeing the world there.

michelstadt

Quote from: Roads on August 07, 2012, 10:06:52 PM
Additionally, it seems it would be a little like traveling to Germany in real life and seeing the world there.
We would be glad if we could allow for an impression like that  :-)

michelstadt

It is time to show some more screenshots of the latest version of PAK128.german. Here you will find a well known tourist attraction in the south of germany and a steelmill like there are so many in the middle.

greenling

Cool.
The new photos looks very good out.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Roads

The tourist attraction is magnificent!  The steel mill is impressive as well.  This is definitely the pak I will be playing when I get a little time to devote to Simutrans.

michelstadt

Detail views of a screenshot just uploaded to imgur.

You can find some more screenshots of PAK128.german v 0.6 here:
http://imgur.com/a/zx4I7#svT51Y

greenling

Who Michelstadt
The pak128german make big steps to a new relase.
I hope that it, that it came on cristmas out.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I've started a new game and decided to take screenshots of this marvelous pak. This station is not quite as I want, but I think it's got enough interesting stuff to make it worthwhile. There are six fish farms that feed this station by trucks (1-3 trucks per farm). Two trains at max length move the cooled goods to the town with the processing plant:

http://ieh.im/s/2015-08-25%2004_24_42-.png

Here it is without the trees so you can see the station better (but the trees are so pretty!):

http://ieh.im/s/2015-08-25%2004_26_09-Simutrans%20120.0.1%20-%20r7373.png

Obviously I've balanced max-profit with a little bit of what I think is a pretty design. :)

pumuckl999

For our next version, a new factory for silver-manufacturing:

Idea from frank_mensaner in the german forum....

pumuckl999

Oldd screenshots are dead, here is a new with four new locos.

pumuckl999

ET420 is to late for our next version, but longer as the time between two releases :):

And some old railcars (VT133, 121a Baden, ETA177):

pumuckl999

Next, MFWE TII, DTw Bauart Thomas, BR120, ET91....
I´ve forgotten to enable 2-sided rendering, so you can look not only through the windows of the railcar, also through the wall behind the windows :).

ampersand

any specs? Power, speed, capacity of the 6 above?

pumuckl999

Sure, copy from the dat-files:

MFWE TII
----------
name=DR749
intro_year=1922
intro_month=1
retire_year=1946
retire_month=12
payload=48
engine_type=diesel
speed=50
weight=14
power=81

DTw Bauart Thomas
----------
name=Dampftriebwagen Bauart Thomas
intro_year=1879
intro_month=1
retire_year=1910
retire_month=12
payload=80
speed=40
weight=30
smoke=Steam
engine_type=steam
power=74

BR120
----------
name=DR_BR120
intro_year=1979
intro_month=1
waytype=electrified_track
speed=200
weight=84
power=5600

ET91
----------
name=ET91
intro_year=1935
intro_month=1
retire_year=1995
retire_month=12
freight=Passagiere
engine_type=electric
power=350
payload=70
speed=110
weight=51

VT133
----------
name=VT133
intro_year=1932
intro_month=1
retire_year=1970
retire_month=12
engine_type=diesel
payload=42
speed=56
weight=6
power=37

121a Baden
----------
name=TW121a_Baden
intro_year=1914
intro_month=1
retire_year=1953
retire_month=12
payload=40
speed=60
weight=18
engine_type=steam
power=59

ETA177
----------
name=ETA177_vorn
intro_year=1907
intro_month=1
retire_year=1962
retire_month=12
waytype=track
engine_type=battery
payload=54
speed=70
weight=33
power=160

name=ETA177_hinten
payload=54
speed=70
weight=33

ET420
----------
name=ET420_Front
intro_year=1969
intro_month=1
engine_type=electric
payload=153
speed=120
weight=40

name=ET420_Mitte
engine_type=electric
power=2400
payload=152
speed=120
weight=49

name=ET420_Ende
see "ET420_Front"

ampersand

btw - a small request: for any small secluded factory a very helpful car would be one containing both mail and passengers in small quantities. If it could be attached to a cargo train, game would become super easy.

pumuckl999

Yes I can do. Here are some good models (the first, for passengers only, I´ve finished already - see below). Site is in german, but contains images from a model railroad: http://www.laenderbahn-forum.de/journal/kbe_nebenbahn_personenwagen/bayer-nebenbahn_personenwagen_ab_1880.html

pumuckl999

Here it comes: In background BR60 with double deck train can transport 300 passengers. Only this combination is allowed, if you choose the loco, you get also the wagons in the depot.
In foreground the bavarian PBL-wagon in a mixed train. It can transport normally 16 passengers. The mail-icon increase the capacity by 16 mailbags (weight of the wagon from 10 to 15t).

ampersand

Thank you very much for your colourful work. PBL Vicinalbahnwagen configured for 16 pax and 16 sacks of mail will do perfectly in my games.

pumuckl999

You should play the new version of our pakset at the moment, but I have created some new wagons for steel transportation:

Time for me, also to play some days :).

pumuckl999

pumuckl999

New wagon (also with different freight images):

pumuckl999

An_dz

pumuckl999

I have no time to play other games :).

And the models are not real good: Sometimes faces missed, you can´t see in simutrans, for 3D-games I would spend more time for creating the textures and more details in mesh and the scale for our pakset is not 1:1.

ampersand

Quote from: pumuckl999 on May 15, 2017, 01:30:15 AM
One for bulk, one for wood:

Great completion of the timeline for rolling stock.