News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Jetways in pak128

Started by fuzion_051, September 17, 2008, 12:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzion_051

Why are there no jetways for aircraft stops in pak128, just like those of 64?  ???

VS

Because nobody painted them yet. Would you do that for us?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

fuzion_051

Well..I'm pretty much of a newbie here and I don't know any program I can use to draw and make it.

DirrrtyDirk

You could use pretty much any graphics program that can handle PNG type graphics files*  - some people even work just with MS Paint. So software is not really an issue.  ;)

*) Or if necessary, you could even use other, non compressing formats like BMP - but no JPG or such! - and have someone convert it for you...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Zeno

What exactly a jetway is? Babylon nor google translate knows the spanish translation ???

vilvoh

This is a jetway ( ES translation: puerta de embarque)
It seems quite simple to model, Any volunteers?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Zeno

Oh... God. No one has drawn because all plains are different sizes!! Firstly, all planes should be rescaled, because they have different sizes and so, and then, before painting the jetways, we should divide planes in two categories: regional (small ones) and medium/large range (big or very big). If this isn't done, the jetway will be too far from small planes, and inside big ones. And I don't expect this will be done... at least in short-medium term  :-\

DirrrtyDirk

We could probably solve that by placing them on the back side of the tile so that the actual end is hidden by the plane, so one cannot see if it is actually a bit too short or already inside the plane.

But we'll need a plane set, 100% finished before that can happen.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!