News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

signals_on_left

Started by jamespetts, August 10, 2011, 06:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

In the latest nightlies, there is a new setting called signals_on_left that is designed to go with drive_left. However, the current Pak128.Britain signals are not drawn with this setting in mind, and display in the wrong place when this setting is enabled; should they be re-orientated, I wonder, to work with the new setting?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

So if they were re-oriented, then they would work on either side, by changing the one option?  That would be awfully cool.

p.s., "Orientate" has a redundant suffix, I have been reliably informated.

Dwachs

p.s., "Orientate" has a redundant suffix, I have been reliably informated.
lol  always hunting these ates :P
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Vladki

Trying to reopen this topic.

I tried the signals_on_left option on pak128.Britain, and the signals indeed look funny. What exactly does that option to the signals? Only some shift of the picture? How much exactly? Is it possible to make the paks so that they look good at both settings? I'm willing to fix the signals If I know more details on what signals_on_left really does.

It seems to have no effect on end_of_choose and single_way signs.

How do signals_on_left  and drive_on_left affect road signs?

FS1819

I think the current layout should be alright. There are streets with the sign on the right (same dir as the flow). Or, you can add a double sign like this:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Whitty+St/@22.285759,114.136848,3a,75y,69.2h,75.29t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s6bsEAwrKNgPDU9jfRYvC-Q!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x3403ff83f4a361a3:0x830ae79204d3f380

LEYLAND FOREVER!

Vladki

I had railway signs in mind, not road signs. However they aren't perfect as well.