News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bug? TI&T - station signal passed at danger (good victorian train crash!)

Started by AP, May 01, 2017, 01:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Hi James

I thought this one deserved its own thread.  Still Time Interval & Telegraph operation of my single track line. It's *nearly* working beautifully.

However, if you watch the Atlantic Coast Express on its journey, when it makes its westbound/return pass through Twothirds Loop, the driver appears to have been a bit enthusiastic on the throttle and fails to stop at the Station Signal showing danger. As the attached photographic evidence shows, he passes it at 12km/h and unfortunately hits the oncoming freight train.

Save game attached.

Something clearly not quite right with the Station Signals... interesting to note in the last picture, the signal thinks the train hasn't gone past yet, in spite of the evidence to the contrary.

jamespetts

Thank you for that report. Are you sure that you have uploaded the correct saved game, however? When I try to run that, the problem cannot be reproduced because the passenger train is already fully in the Two Thirds Loop and waiting behind the signal there by the time that the freight train approaches.

Edit: Ahh, I see that this occurs after one of the trains has reversed. I think that I have now fixed this; would you be able to re-test? Thank you again for the report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AP

I'm away this weekend but will retest in the week and report back. Thanks James.

AP

Hi James

I just downloaded a clean set of the nightlies and ran the file 1_k.sve again.

I'm afraid the collision still occurs.

jamespetts

Thank you for that report: I think that I have fixed this now. I should be grateful if you could confirm whether this is fixed when you are able to check the next nightly build.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

AP

Hi James

I just tested the file with the latest nightly; afraid the crash still occurs in the same spot.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. This is actually a slightly different problem than that originally reported, in that this issue is not a collision at all, but rather a spurious detection of a presumed collision that does not occur.

However, I have now fixed this on the master branch, and I should be grateful if you could test with the next nightly. Thank you.

AP