News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Airport design ?

Started by Arthropode, September 29, 2013, 05:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthropode

Hello,

I would know how to optimize my  airports design.
In particular, I found that the runway shouldn't be too long, since the planes use all the length to take off and to land, even they don"t need of it. And I success to have 2 runways, one for the landing, and the others for the the take off.

But as my traffic grows, my planes are circling over my airport waiting to have a free runway, But they don't want  to use my new nearby  landing runway. How could I say them to use this one ?
And how could I force the direction of landing and taking off on my runway ?

Thanks

kierongreen

You can use one way signs on taxiways to runways to allow aircraft to only take off or land. Keeping pairs of runways separate will maximise capacity.

Sarlock

Here is what I have done before to address this issue:

It basically separates your airport in to two different runway sets that share the same terminal building/station.  When you set your schedules, just set some to use one side and some to use the other (I usually set lines to choose one or the other terminal, sort of like how domestic and international service is segregated in most airports-though in this example we share the same terminal and use different runways/taxiways).
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Max-Max

Interesting, I never tried or thought of putting one-way signs on the runway :thumbsup:
- My code doesn't have bugs. It develops random features...