News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Transhipment time

Started by killwater, February 10, 2016, 10:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killwater

Hello
Is transshipment/transfer time intended to be split between passengers and goods? I find it rather strange that overcrowding with goods increase transfer time for passengers - it is hard to imagine hundreds of cattle roaming around oil barrels and hazardous chemicals in the airport passenger terminal ;)

jamespetts

This is split as between passengers and goods, albeit not between different types of goods. Having said that, watching cattle eat other passengers' flowers and salads might make waiting for an aircraft more entertaining.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

killwater

This would be inconsistent with the situation on the attached screenshot.

As for the latter part of your post I do agree it could be entertaining however only provided no bulls are present as an airport is not a proper place for encierro.

jamespetts

Ahh - perhaps I had not implemented this properly. I have just pushed a fix; do you care to re-test?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

killwater

Looks fine thank you. Transfer is 0:54 and transshipment 3:42

EDIT:After giving it more thought - it looks like the overcrowding is not taken into account at all now. The goods capacity is 288 and there is 1620t of bulk cargo waiting on 4 tiles of stop and transshipment time is 3:42 - the same as with no overcrowding.

Also is cargo "walking" now? I have a ironworks and hardware shop in the same cargo stop coverage. Should I still need to provide the transport between them?

jamespetts

Can you upload your saved game for me to test this?

Edit: Actually, I have found and fixed an error in the calculation of the transshipment time for goods; can you re-test first and upload if the error remains?

killwater

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this; do you care to re-test?

killwater

It looks like it works properly this time. The transshipment time changed to 37:00 with 670 t of bulk goods and 288t stop capacity. Please note that I do not have any overcrowded passenger stops so I cannot check it at the moment.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you very much.