News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Suggestion: Follow a unit of goods

Started by Spacethingy, June 13, 2012, 02:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacethingy

Hi guys, just a little thought of something that could be quite interesting, although I do have a feeling that this may be pretty hard to implement...

It would be quite fun to have the viewpoint follow a unit of goods/pax/mail as it travels from one point to another, just as you can follow a convoi/city car etc.

E.g. in a station/stop menu, you could click on the group of passengers/goods that want to get to a particular destination, and then the viewpoint keeps focus on whatever convoi or stop the pax/goods are in until it gets to its destination.

Impossible or silly?  ;D
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

colonyan

Reminds me of driving inside city in simcity 4 except you journey in simutrans. I would be a fun feature to have.

VS

I like this, just "for the lulz". It could be even possible...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Just the selection of the good would be tough, as those lists are just text at the moment.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

This is an awesome idea! I do like following things around sometimes - following goods/pax/mail would be great!

Pity it sounds like it'd be difficult and probably not worth it (guessing from Prissi's post), but wow... a great idea anyway. :D

prissi

The logic of this is rather not too difficult. Most difficult is the UI to selct the good, imho. All the other stuff is already present within the game.

Iluvalar

Does the exact good matter ?

We just need to log the final destination. Or if the player clicked on a "via" in the list, just randomly select one at each stop and follow that one.

Or do I miss the point ?