News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Current github makeobj generation fails

Started by Junna, April 20, 2013, 05:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Ehm, I'm having trouble compiling the latest version of the pak from github; it fails on the LMR 4-wheel coaches, saying that certain images are missing. Am I doing something wrong or is it some mistake in the .dats?

jamespetts

Hmm - that's rather odd, as mine works. Are you sure that you have the up to date version? What is the specific error that you are getting?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on April 20, 2013, 06:00:22 PM
Hmm - that's rather odd, as mine works. Are you sure that you have the up to date version? What is the specific error that you are getting?

Says "empty image" doesn't exist.

I doubt my makeobj is entirely up to date however, as I was unable to compile it myself from source (missing some library and I couldn't find out which exactly and where to get it.) Could you provide a new compile?

Junna

Upon trying to compile latest makeobj I get the following errors I am unsure how to resolve, but assume is related to something missing:

Quote1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_get_IHDR
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_read_image
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_get_rowbytes
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_set_expand
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_read_info
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_set_strip_alpha
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_set_strip_16
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_set_packing
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_create_read_struct
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_create_info_struct
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_start_read_image
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_read_end
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_set_longjmp_fn
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_init_io
1>dr_rdpng.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _png_destroy_read_struct
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dr_flush(void)" (?dr_flush@@YAXXZ)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "short __cdecl display_get_height(void)" (?display_get_height@@YAFXZ)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dr_prepare_flush(void)" (?dr_prepare_flush@@YAXXZ)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl check_pos_win(struct event_t *)" (?check_pos_win@@YA_NPAUevent_t@@@Z)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl create_win(int,int,class gui_frame_t *,enum wintype,int)" (?create_win@@YAHHHPAVgui_frame_t@@W4wintype@@H@Z)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl is_display_init(void)" (?is_display_init@@YAHXZ)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl win_is_top(class gui_frame_t const *)" (?win_is_top@@YA_NPBVgui_frame_t@@@Z)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dr_fatal_notify(char const *)" (?dr_fatal_notify@@YAXPBD@Z)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dr_sleep(unsigned int)" (?dr_sleep@@YAXI@Z)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl destroy_all_win(bool)" (?destroy_all_win@@YAX_N@Z)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall news_window::extend_window_with_component(class gui_komponente_t * const,class koord,class koord)" (?extend_window_with_component@news_window@@QAEXQAVgui_komponente_t@@Vkoord@@1@Z)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl display_poll_event(struct event_t *)" (?display_poll_event@@YAXPAUevent_t@@@Z)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static unsigned char umgebung_t::verbose_debug" (?verbose_debug@umgebung_t@@2EA)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "short __cdecl display_get_width(void)" (?display_get_width@@YAFXZ)
1>log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall news_img::news_img(char const *,unsigned short,unsigned short)" (??0news_img@@QAE@PBDGG@Z)
1>simtools.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static bool umgebung_t::hilly" (?hilly@umgebung_t@@2_NA)

VS

_png_* ones are from libpng (library)
dr_* are from simsys16.cc or some equivalent (ours)

The rest... I'm not sure right now. Check logs for added files, that should be at least some of these. Some of the errors also vaguely feel like linking with outdated object file or some such.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Milko

jamespetts

Are you compiling on Linux or Windows? Which compiler are you using?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on April 24, 2013, 10:09:24 PM
Are you compiling on Linux or Windows? Which compiler are you using?

Windows and MSVC++2010. I believe I am lacking some libraries or so - I could find no list of requirements, and I am not sure my libpng is up to date, as I could find no precompiled lib/include to use of the latest version.

I added the ottd-auxillary libraries and (I think) it was bzlib already.

jamespetts

Have you tried to compare your own MSVC++ project with my MSVC++ project on Github to see what you are missing?