News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Electric Depot Bug?

Started by Drewthegreat87, August 02, 2013, 01:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewthegreat87

Hello,

I play a great deal on the standard Pak 128 Britain and thought I'd give the experimental pakset a go. I have Simutrans Experimental 11.3 with Pak128 Britain experimental 0.9.0 (the latest one per the download links I've see thus far...)

The problem I'm having is when I lay some track and place any of the electric train depots, the game crashes to desktop. I think I recall seeing this issue discussed in the forum, but I cannot seem to locate it, even via search. What is a way to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I'm afraid that I can't reproduce this, however (the previously reported problem was that people were getting crashes in certain paksets, not Pak128.Britian-Ex) when opening the depots, not placing them. That issue is fixed on my local branch and that fix should be incorporated into the next release.

Do you have the timeline on? If so, in what year are you? Are you using Linux, Windows or Macintosh?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Drewthegreat87

Yeah, I'm running Pak128 Britain-ex 0.9.0 (I think it's called...). I had the timeline *off* so I can take a cursory look at all that's available in the depots and what trains I can, in a sense, look forward to. I operate Windows 7 Home 64 bit on my desktop.

Let me clarify on the crash, on non-electric depots, I've had the game crash when electrifying the track and I've had it always crash when I try to access the electric depot. You mentioned the timeline, I'm unable to check right now (I'm at work...), but would it be fair to suggest that even without the time line on and the date is, say, 1750, that the game will still not think that the depot is active? (Basically, the game is saying "It's 1750! Electric traction won't exist for another 180 years!" If you get my meaning...) I'll give that a go later on and see if that rectifies the problem. Please let me know if you need any other information from me to help get this sorted out.

ӔO

did you mean this?
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12273.0

if timeline is off, then you can buy the APT. If timeline is on, it should only crash when the APT is available.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Drewthegreat87

Yeah, that's the thread I was looking for!

I'm not so familiar with how the pakset files are handled in simutrans or where certain files are located, so if you guys could provide me info on how to do a work around, I would appreciate it! I couldn't exactly see where a specific workaround was mentioned in the other thread, at least one obvious to somebody unfamiliar with the guts of Simutrans.l

Thanks for all the help, guys!

kierongreen

Quoteif you guys could provide me info on how to do a work around, I would appreciate it
Either turn timeline on and avoid the years 1980 to 1994 for now, compile your own version of the APT from the 11.x branch or wait until next release of pak128.Britain-experimental when it should be fixed.

Drewthegreat87

Okay, sounds good! Thanks for the info.

jamespetts

Ahh, I see - in which case this bug has already been fixed, and should be available with the next release. Sorry that you are having trouble!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.