News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

cross connections in saved games

Started by juhu, December 27, 2014, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juhu

Hello all together,

I´m enjoying to play simutrans more and more, but I experienced a problem with saved games and I haven´t found a solution so far, so I´m assuming it could be a bug.
The problem I´m confronted with is about the cross connection of factories after loading a game.

When I start a game (actually using pak128.german), cross connection of factories is partial and correct. But when is saved a game and reloaded it, all factories are cross connected to all possible suppliers and customers. I´ve tried this with several maps and settings, but alwals with the same result.

So, is this a bug or did is miss something?

Junna

Did you make sure you didn't check the post "cross-connect all factories" in the settings?

DrSuperGood

Sounds like something is enabling cross-connect between making the game and reloading.

juhu

Hey,

thanks for your replies.

Where will I find the setting "cross-connect all factories"? Checked the settings dialogpage, but only setting I found was "crossconnect_factories_percentage" (set to 25).

I also checked simutrans/config/simuconf.tab, which contains the following:

# allow all possible supplier to connect to your factories?
# best to leave it in default position. (only on for simuTTD)
crossconnect_factories = 0

# how big is the chance for crossconnections in percent
# (100% will give nearly the same results as crossconnect_factories=1)
crossconnect_factories_percentage = 25

I think, this should be ok. Is there any other place to look for this setting?

I think it has to do with the reload of the game, because after starting it with the above settings, the connections between the factories are correct and for example a coal mine is connected to only one powerplant. After saving the game and reloading it, the same coalmine is connected to every powerplant on the map. I will download and test another pakset tomorrow, maybe it is a problem with pak128.german. I will report my results.

Junna

There's an in-game setting tab, I think, where you could accidentally click it... Might be upon map creation as well? ... unless that is only in Sim-Ex.

jamespetts

The settings tab is not exclusive to Experimental: it is in Standard, too, although in Pak128.Britain, only the Experimental version has a keyboard shortcut for it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Make sure you are using a recent release (120.0.1) of Simutrans. There were issues with Cross Connect in RC120 (but probably not before then).

If cross connect is disabled links are saved as part of the factory record. If cross connect is enabled it will forcefully link everything after all data has been loaded in a load completion stage. There used to be a bug where due to inverted linking (x->y instead of y<-x) the cross linking did not fully link all factories. Cross linking should be avoided as the algorithm used will not scale well with map complexity.

juhu

Ok, finally I got it working. There is another simuconf.tab in the pakset directory, and there was set cross_connect_factories=1.
Not really sure, why it is working correct after startup and in the gameplay, but not after reloading the game, but now with the correct settings in both simuconf.tab, everything is working fine.

Thank you for your replies pointing me in the right direction, let´s play!