News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

destroying bridge: Assertion `ribi_t::ist_einfach(ribi)' failed

Started by captain crunch, January 09, 2015, 02:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain crunch

Removing the bridge crashes the program (svn-version trunk@7467, compiled with clang++ 3.5 on linux amd64 3.16 with libsdl 2.0.2)
To reproduce:

• Remove 1 tile off from bridge.
  • Remove 1 tile of bridge edge.

Ters

I don't get any crashes, but bridge removal was very unusual for bridges, as I could remove it piece by piece.

TurfIt

Bridge building (and destruction) is completely screwed up at the moment. Not sure if anyone is still working on this or not...
The bridge shown shouldn't be possible to build in the first place - always needs atleast one ramp. i.e. Can't build between two cliffs - need elevated ways for that.

Markohs

Indeed, that bridge shoudn't have been able to build. I'm working on bridge building changes in the code, too, but what caused this to happen, the double height changes?

Dwachs

Building such bridges was introduced with r7299, I guess. I was not following development at that time, too.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

DrSuperGood

Elevated ways incorrectly check ownership of buildings under them during placement where as placing a building under does not check ownership of the elevated way above.

Elevated ways assume all buildings with a second story tile image as unpassable. Towns on the other hand have no issue plonking a multi tile image building under elevated ways.

Bridges do not perform a height check on buildings. Although you should be able to bridge over every building you should need at least as much clearance as tiles high the building is to avoid weird graphics.

prissi

Building such bridges was introduced as feature. I do not think it would harm, although the removal should work as before. There are probably even more error lurking there.