News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[0.9.1] - 1950s station buildings graphics error - fix

Started by Spenk009, December 17, 2014, 12:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenk009

I noticed the winter images of the 1950s station buildings have problems with their winter images. This affects all but the naval version.

I filled the roofs in with a solid white and compiled the paks to double-check. Attached is a comparison of old vs new. The updates are moved in a pull request on github.

Other items there are: removing the underground limit on early end of choose signals, adding the axle load on a SR 4-6-2 upgrade, adding biological traction to the (modern) road depots to enable the postal boy and upping the speed limit of the Class 7P tender from 155 to 160. If some of these require discussion, I've listed them here for convenience.

jamespetts

Thank you very much for that. I have pulled and merged your branch, but I do not understand (and for the time being have reverted) the fix marked, "End of choose signal underground limitation". allow_underground=2 means that the asset is allowed both underground and overground; 0 means that it can be built only overground and 1 only underground. Why should the old end of choose signal be only overground? I know that some earlier era signals (pre 1860s) are overground only, but the end of choose is not an ordinary, working signal, but more of a marker.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Spenk009

This has been fixed already after this post a few months ago. I just found it hadn't changed in both 0.9.1 and the way-improvements branch.

The problem is with the attached signals. The "end of choose signal" can (in 0.9.1) only be placed underground.

jamespetts

Do not forget that the half-heights branch is very different to 0.9.1, as a lot of changes have been made since the last release.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Spenk009

I hope I corrected the correct files then, it took me a while to figure out the branch management for GitHub.

How are we looking for a new release? Do you want to get more features done or will the next version come simultaneously with a new version of Experimental?

jamespetts

Quote from: Spenk009 on December 20, 2014, 11:51:41 AM
I hope I corrected the correct files then, it took me a while to figure out the branch management for GitHub.

How are we looking for a new release? Do you want to get more features done or will the next version come simultaneously with a new version of Experimental?

I expect that the next release of the pakset will come with the next major release of Experimental, but the latter may be some time off, since I want to focus on adding the various features necessary for good balance before releasing again, which might take some time (especially as I am still in the midst of a rather drawn-out house move).