News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Truncated list in repository

Started by AvG, February 07, 2015, 03:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvG

James,
In the steamlocs, available around 1892, you see very odd running-cost figures.
Two locs of allmost the same spec have a runningcost deviation of a factor 2.
I want to alter some Paks but the list of images images of trains is truncated to 1000.

How can I get to the remaining images?
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

The costs have yet to be balanced, which will be a huge task to do properly, which is why we have not entirely sensible figures for costs. Can you explain more about what you mean concerning the truncation of the number of images?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AvG

James,
If you go into your reposetery you click on trains.
On top of the trainlist you click images.
The list of images appears with on top of it the message "Sorry, we had to truncate this directory to 1,000 files. 1,396 entries were omitted from the list."
[/size]Most of the locs are in those missing 1396 entries.
[/size]So the question is: How can I make these 1396 entries visible?
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Are you trying to access it through the web interface? If you want to download the pakset sources, you are better doing so by actually setting up a Git client on your own computer and cloning my repository than trying to get them all manually through the web interface.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

AvG

James,
I work this way (via web) already for several years and am happy with it.
If I clone your reposetery I will probably have the same problem of the truncated list.
So please tell me how to make them 1396 entries visible, so I can go on.
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

I am afraid that I do not know how to make a larger number of entries visible over the web interface, or whether this is even possible, since this is not something that I have ever needed to do. The truncation does not happen when cloning a repository. You can always clone the repository into a separate directory from your working directory, and use a slightly adapted version of your current workflow, treating your Git directory in the same way that you treat the web page now.

AvG

One or two years ago I had th same problem and had solved it in a way. However, I have forgotten
what I did and maybe Github changed something.
I have to go on so I will try to do what you suggest.
Thanks anyway for answering.
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Sorry that I couldn't assist further.

prissi

You can usually download an entire archive from github. On the pak128 page go to https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-pak128.britain/archive/master.zip (Download as zip button).

Milko

Hello

I've always had trouble downloading some parts of pak from github. This is why I always downloaded the entire archive and then taken (unzipped) only the parts that interest me.

Giuseppe

AvG

I also discovered that possibility  a couple of days ago.
You have a huge extra file on your PC,  that is not allways uptodate, but it works.
So this problem is solved.
However, thanks for answering.

Ad
Ad van Gerwen